Returns information about the charges of a charge-accumulating player ability.
currentCharges, maxCharges, cooldownStart, cooldownDuration, chargeModRate = GetActionCharges(slot)
- number - The action slot to retrieve data from.
- number - The number of charges of the ability currently available.
- number - The maximum number of charges the ability may have available.
- number - Time (per GetTime) at which the next charge cooldown began, or
2^32 / 1000if the spell is not currently recharging.
- number - Time (in seconds) required to gain a charge.
- number - The rate at which the charge cooldown widget's animation should be updated.
- Abilities like can be used by the player rapidly, and then slowly accumulate charges over time. The
cooldownDurationreturn values indicate the cooldown timer for the acquiring next charge (when
currentChargesis less than
- If the queried spell does not accumulate charges over time (e.g. or ), this function does not return any values.
- Patch 7.1.0 / API (2016-10-25): The
chargeModRatereturn value was added.
- Patch 5.0.4 / API (2012-08-28): Added.
- GetSpellCharges() - Referring to any spell ID or localized spell name.