Loads a LoadOnDemand addon.
loaded, reason = LoadAddOn(index) = LoadAddOn(name)
- number - The index of the AddOn in the user's AddOn list. Note that you cannot access Blizzard AddOns this way.
- string - The name of the AddOn to be queried.
- boolean - If the AddOn was loaded.
- string? - Locale-independent reason why the AddOn could not be loaded e.g.
"DISABLED", otherwise returns
nilif the addon was loaded.
- Requires the addon to have the LoadOnDemand TOC field specified.
## LoadOnDemand: 1
- LoadOnDemand addons are useful for reducing loading screen times by loading only when necessary, like with the different DeadlyBossMods addons/submodules.
These have corresponding globalstrings when prefixed with
ADDON_BANNED = "Banned" -- Addon is banned by the client ADDON_CORRUPT = "Corrupt" -- The addon's file(s) are corrupt ADDON_DEMAND_LOADED = "Only loadable on demand" ADDON_DISABLED = "Disabled" -- Addon is disabled on the character select screen ADDON_INCOMPATIBLE = "Incompatible" -- The addon is not compatible with the current TOC version ADDON_INSECURE = "Insecure" ADDON_INTERFACE_VERSION = "Out of date" ADDON_MISSING = "Missing" -- The addon is physically not there ADDON_NOT_AVAILABLE = "Not Available" ADDON_UNKNOWN_ERROR = "Unknown load problem" ADDON_DEP_BANNED = "Dependency banned" -- Addon's dependency is banned by the client ADDON_DEP_CORRUPT = "Dependency corrupt" -- The addon's dependency cannot load because its file(s) are corrupt ADDON_DEP_DEMAND_LOADED = "Dependency only loadable on demand" ADDON_DEP_DISABLED = "Dependency disabled" -- The addon cannot load without its dependency enabled ADDON_DEP_INCOMPATIBLE = "Dependency incompatible" -- The addon cannot load if its dependency cannot load ADDON_DEP_INSECURE = "Dependency insecure" ADDON_DEP_INTERFACE_VERSION = "Dependency out of date" ADDON_DEP_MISSING = "Dependency missing" -- The addon's dependency is physically not there
- Attempts to load a LoadOnDemand addon. If the addon is disabled, it will try to enable it first.
local function TryLoadAddOn(name) local loaded, reason = LoadAddOn(name) if not loaded then if reason == "DISABLED" then EnableAddOn(name, true) -- enable for all characters on the realm LoadAddOn(name) else local failed_msg = format("%s - %s", reason, _G["ADDON_"..reason]) error(ADDON_LOAD_FAILED:format(name, failed_msg)) end end end TryLoadAddOn("SomeAddOn") -- Couldn't load SomeAddOn: MISSING - Missing
- Manually loads and shows the Blizzard Achievement UI addon.
/run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_AchievementUI"); AchievementFrame_ToggleAchievementFrame();
- Patch 1.8.0 / API (2005-10-10): Prior to the 1.8 patch, this could be used to load addons which were not on-demand if they were disabled at start up and then enabled during the play session. The 1.8 patch restricted this to ONLY addons which are truly marked on demand in their .toc files with
## LoadOnDemand: 1