|Previous||The Forgotten Pools|
The Stagnant Oasis|
Bring Tonga's Eyes to Thunderhead Summit southwest of Ratchet.
- Tonga's Eyes Taken to Summit
Here, <name>, I will loan you my 'eyes.' My eagle companion here has served me since I was named. Please accompany him to Thunderhead Summit, where Jerrik awaits, and we will investigate.
To get to the peak, follow the road east out of the Crossroads. Turn south when you reach a large stone scrawled with paintings.
You will receive:
- 4 25
- 740 XP
Tonga knows these lands better than any of us, and I believe it physically hurt him to see it torn asunder.
I am glad Tonga was able to witness the overgrowth firsthand - words can't convey the scope of the damage. Did you bring his totem? I will return it to him when I am finished here.
Reach the summit to complete the quest:
- Tonga's eagle calls out, then circles toward the peak.
- Tonga's Spirit says: Well done, friend! From here we can survey the land.
- Tonga's Spirit says: Merciful Earthmother, look at the scope of the devastation! We're lucky the entirety of the Barrens isn't crumbling into the sea.
- Tonga's Spirit says: But what's this? Something else is happening to the land south of the fissure.
- Tonga's Spirit says: Indeed, the flora is growing unchecked. devouring the land. Similar to our findings from the oases.
- Tonga's Spirit says: We must do everything in our power to stop the same from happening here. We'll have to step up our investigations of the oases and stop this phenomenon at the source. We'll talk again at Crossroads!
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.