- For the priest version, see . For the Classic Dun Morogh quest, see .
|End||Ethereal Communication Device|
|Experience||15,050 (level 100)|
- Take the Dalaran portal to Wyrmrest Temple (Optional)
- Travel to the Azure Dragonshrine
- Clues Found (3)
During my last visit to Dragonblight, I sensed unusual energies from the Azure Dragonshrine. Since this place was integral to Malygos' plans during the Nexus War, whatever is there may explain the current state of the Nexus.
Here, take this image crystal. I must remain in Dalaran on Kirin Tor business, so we will speak through it. Good luck.
You will receive:
- 15 40
- 15,050 XP (level 100)
The communication device is inactive.
This appears to be a communication device commonly utilized by the ethereals.
Perhaps it could be the key to finding out who is behind the happenings at the Dragonshrine.
The quickest way to the Azure Dragonshrine is, as the quest objectives point out, the portal in the Portrait Room, which is reached by standing in the central teleporter in the Chamber of the Guardian.
Upon interacting with clues in the area, the Image of Kalec briefly appears and explains their significance.
- Image of Kalec says: This portal is very similar to ones used by the ethereals in Outland.
- Image of Kalec says: Could they be the threat? What did Malygos promise them?
- Image of Kalec says: This device appears to draw upon the void energy released when Malygos forced Azeroth's ley lines into the Twisting Nether.
- Image of Kalec says: The design looks very familiar...
- Image of Kalec says: This weapon has been infused with dark energies from the Twisting Nether.
- Image of Kalec says: Whoever wielded it must be seeking to harness void energy. But for what purpose?
After interacting with all three types of clues, head to the southeastern corner of the Dragonshrine to find the Ethereal Communication Device.
- Image of Kalec says: Yet more evidence of ethereal technology. This may be an unfortunate turn.
- Image of Kalec says: There's only one way to find out who's really behind this.
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- (arcane and fire)
- Complete both:
- Side quests:
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.