Stealing Rattan from Yao the Collector
Obtain 6 Rattan Switches from the area around the market in the Tian Monastery.
Purchase a vial of Black Walnut Extract from June Whiteblossom.
Purchase 3 Triple-Bittered Ales from Brewmaster Lei Kanglei.
First things first, though.
A proper trainee needs a proper weapon. And a scrupulous trainee builds his own... or at least gathers the materials.
The switches which grow nearby should suffice for any respectable weapon. You'll also need to shop for black walnut extract to treat the wood. While you're there, get some ale, for...
...well, you know what ale is for.
You will receive:
<Wu looks at you expectantly.>
<Groundskeeper Wu gratefully scoops up the gathered materials.>
I will have a weapon prepared for you by the end of your training. Now, onto the real work.
All of the items are in the immediate area. Six switches are behind Yao the Collector and can be stolen from his stock, or there are more freely all over the area.
Steal any from his stock:
- Yao the Collector yells: Hey... HEY! What are you doing?
- Yao the Collector yells: You're stealing my inventory, aren't you?
- Yao the Collector yells: Don't make me stand up!
- Yao the Collector yells: I'll do it, I swear! I'm about to stand up!
- Yao the Collector yells: Here I go!
- Yao the Collector says: Oh, who am I kidding? You are a wily one, thief.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.