|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
|Start||Pile of Explosives|
|End||King Varian Wrynn|
|Level||84 (Requires 84)|
or or or or |
Unmask and slay Major Samuelson in the Stormwind Keep Throne Room.
- Samuelson Unmasked
- Major Samuelson slain
<More importantly, you discover a letter from Major Samuelson to his compatriots outlining this entire scheme. The Prince was right: Samuelson is the real villain here, using his connections as commander of the city guard to disguise cult activity.>
<It's time to return to Stormwind keep and bring Samuelson to justice!>
You have evidence incriminating Samuelson? Let's see what he has to say for himself!
Samuelson - corrupted by the Twilight's Hammer? This must have been going on for years. Right here in my very keep!
I am grateful that you and my son were able to get to the bottom of this before my city was brought to harm. I've underestimated how much Anduin has grown - his command of the holy light just saved my life, if not the entire kingdom.
As for you - words alone can't do justice to your heroism this day. Thank you, <class>.
Head back to the throne room and talk to Samuelson.
- Back so soon, <name>? Did you learn anything from the dockworkers?
It's over, Samuelson. We know who you are and I put a stop to your little cathedral scheme.
- Samuelson kneels.
- Major Samuelson says: Yes... yes <class>. It's all true. I am not ashamed. The powers I submit to make mortal kings look like insects.
- Major Samuelson suddenly draws out a hidden dagger!
- Major Samuelson says: But I am not yet finished. Death to the king!
- Anduin Wrynn says: Father, watch out!
- Samuelson leaps at the king! Anduin thinks faster, however...
- Anduin Wrynn protects his father with .
- Samuelson strikes at Varian, but the shield saves him. Varian swings at the would-be assassin with Shalamayne and Samuelson leaps backwards out of harm's way.
- Samuelson runs to the center of the room, casting Twilight Impunity and starts to rise... purple beams of energy striking him and being absorbed by his body as he shouts:
- Major Samuelson yells: Gods of shadow, lords of twilight ... give me strength!
- Samuelson transforms into Samuelson Unmasked, an 84 elite faceless one with 322,000 health!
He has the following abilities as Samuelson Unmasked:
- Twilight Impunity — Unnatural energies render the caster immune to all damage. Cast on himself during the transformation at the start of the fight.
- Chaos Slam — Hurls enemies away from the caster, terrifying those with weaker minds. Instant. Functions as a fear on the Stormwind Royal Guards who are affected by it.
- Shadow Crash — Fires a missle towards a random target. When this missile lands, it deals Shadow damage to all enemies within 5 yards of that location. Instant. Hits for 3000-3700 Shadow
- Basic melee — 1800-2600 Physical on the Stormwind Royal Guards
The guards can take him on their own, but help out some to speed along the process.
- Samuelson Unmasked says: Al'golath mal shal'nel... darkness consumes...
Varian's gossip text:
- What WAS that thing?
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): Major Samuelson should no longer despawn before a player who has attacked him can earn credit for killing him in the quest "A Villain Unmasked".
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.