|Affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Stormwind, Brotherhood of Northshire, Church of the Holy Light|
|Status||Unknown (presumed deceased)|
The Abbot of Northshire Abbey was a character mentioned in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.
Prior to the First War, on his fourteenth birthday Medivh fell into coma and the Abbot and the King agreed that the future Guardian be taken into Northshire Abbey. During the course of the war, the Abbot received a vision about Sir Anduin Lothar being trapped in the Deadmines so King Llane sent Defender of the Crown to rescue the missing knight.
This character was not given a name and his status is unknown.
- Knowledge is the key to understanding, and it is with the hope that by having knowledge of our powers, you will understand how we may best serve the Kingdom. I pray that the words to follow will assist you in our quest of freeing Azeroth from the threat of the Orcish hordes. Concerning the abilities possessed by the clerics from the Abbey, I am most knowledgeable. The conjurers, however, have refused to divulge their secrets, and therefore my understanding of the intricacies of their magiks is not as complete. God speed in your fight.
- The Abbot of Northshire Abbey
- According to older accounts, the aged Alonsus Faol was the Abbot of Northshire Abbey himself and fled with the surviving citizens of Stormwind to Lordaeron. However, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King later changed Faol's backstory as to never participating in the First War as he was in Lordaeron. Thus the identity of the abbot is unknown, and it is possible that he perished when the orcs razed the Abbey.
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans manual, Chronicles of the War in Azeroth, 571
- ^ The Dead Mines (WC1 Human)
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans manual, Azeroth Army of the First War, Cleric Spells
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Legends of the Land, Sire Uther Lightbringer
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, A Brief History of the Fall of Azeroth, The Alliance of Lordaeron