|Title||Polemarch (formerly), Paragon of Devotion|
|Location||Seat of Eternal Hymns and Hero's Rest, Bastion|
Adrestes, previously Polemarch of Bastion and now Paragon of Devotion, is an Ascended kyrian located at the Seat of Eternal Hymns in Bastion. After the events of , the Archon elevates him as the new Paragon of Devotion, overseeing the Temple of Devotion (formerly the Citadel of Loyalty).
- Gossip during
- I will take you to Elysian Hold when you are ready.
- Elysian Hold gossip
- I am the Archon's will. Unyielding. Undying. Immutable. We are kyrian by her hand.
- Who are you to question her grace.
- Elysian Hold, as part of the Kyrian Covenant
Aspirants train for eons to hone their minds and bodies. They purify themselves of their pasts, looking only toward the future.
A lifetime of service to not only the Archon, but to all souls. To each other.
Ascension, once a lofty aspiration, is finally within reach of these aspirants.
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and not a Friend or higher
- Polemarch Adrestes says: Hail, Maw Walker.
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Friend or higher
- Polemarch Adrestes says: All is well in Hero's Rest, <name>. Welcome back.
- On approach if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Best Friend
- Polemarch Adrestes says: At ease, sentries. <Name> is a personal friend of mine.
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and not a Friend or higher
- What brings you to Hero's Rest, Maw Walker?
- If you require military assistance, the sentries and I stand ready to serve.
- Or perhaps you bring news from Sinfall? I can pass it up the chain of command.
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are a Friend or higher
- It is good to see you in Bastion once more, <name>.
- I often wonder how things might have been different had you chosen to embrace the Archon fully, as I have.
- Still, it is clear that your service to Sinfall is valuable to the entire Shadowlands.
- I trust that all is well there under your watch.
- Gossip if part of the Venthyr Covenant and are Best Friend
- If I have not said it before, I want to ensure you know that I am grateful to you, <name>.
- You have taught me many things regarding the nature of service, sacrifice, and...
- <Polemarch Adrestes makes sure no aspirants are within earshot before finishing his sentence.>
- The importance of having fun from time to time.
- I may have been initially reluctant to attend your Ember Courts, but now I look forward to them.
- For the Archon, of course!
- At the Ember Court
- By the Archon's grace, I have been assigned revelry duties in this distant precinct.
- You may rest assured that no enemy of the glorious leader of Bastion will set foot in your court today!
- <Polemarch Adrestes stands at attention as his eyes scan the other guests suspiciously.>
- If the player uses the , he responds with a Plain Letter
- Main article: Quill of Correspondence
- His name is a variation of the Greek goddess and nymph Adrasteia, meaning "inescapable".
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.