Rank 2 is learned at level 52, allowing Agony to ramp up to 10 stacks.
- Deals 10% less damage in PvP combat.
- Hotfix (2017-01-17): Agony now has its full chance to generate a Soul Shard on Soul Effigy (was 55% of normal chance).
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Damage increased by 5%.
- Now learned at level 10 (was 6).
- Hotfix (2016-09-28): Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Agony to not stack or generate .
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): Agony damage increased by 5%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 644%, duration reduced to 18 seconds (down from 24).
- Patch 6.2.2 (2015-09-01): Now deals 10% less damage in PvP combat.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 12% more damage.
- Hotfix (2014-12-15): Agony's damage has been increased by 20%.
- Hotfix (2013-10-02): Agony's damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Damage has been increased by 16%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Bane of Agony has been renamed .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Curse of Agony has been renamed Bane of Agony.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Damage from this spell will now continue even if the caster dies or leaves the area.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): The damage over time component of this curse will now only trigger periodic triggerable procs.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Duration reduced to 24 seconds and damage per tick increased. Total damage over duration approximately identical.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Now benefits from items that increase shadow damage.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Now deals its damage in three stages, damage increased, mana cost slightly increased.
- Patch 0.11 (2004-09-29): Duration, damage, and mana cost reduced. Deals damage much faster.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Mana cost reduced.