Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom
- This article is about the in-game zone. For lore and history of Ahn'Qiraj, see Ahn'Qiraj.
|Level: 15 - 50|
Battle Pet Level: 16 - 17
Cho'gall † |
Twin Emperors †
|Major settlements||Temple of Ahn'Qiraj|
|Affiliation||Ahn'Qiraj, Old Gods|
|Former affiliation(s)||Twilight's Hammer|
|Location||Southwestern Southern Kalimdor|
|PvP status||Contested territory|
Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom is a zone in southwestern Kalimdor, beyond of the Scarab Wall of Silithus. Once the mighty kingdom of Ahn'Qiraj, this zone includes the majority of the Ahn'Qiraj lobby, all of the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, and the above-ground area of the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. In addition, there is an area in the corner south and west of Ossirian and Ayamiss, respectively, that has some towers, broken walls, and an inert obsidian statue (like at the entrance to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj) that is included in the zone's map area.
There is an invisible wall just past Skeram's room preventing entry to the Temple itself. The zone is only a remnant of its former self, with no NPCs or interactive objects.
- Main article: Ahn'Qiraj
Ahn'Qiraj is the city-kingdom of the Qiraji, found in the southern part of Silithus. It was originally a titan research station led by the tol'vir which housed the old god C'Thun before being commandeered by the Aqir, who would become the Qiraji led by the Twin Emperors—Vek'nilash and Vek'lor. Following the War of the Shifting Sands, the kingdom was contained from the rest of the world by the Scarab Wall, until it was opened again recently.
After the Ahn'Qiraj War, the ogre mage Cho'gall took shelter inside the ruined city to sacrifice Med'an and use his potent magical power to resurrect C'Thun. However, Med'an defeated Cho'gall, burying him beneath the rubble of Ahn'Qiraj. During the Elemental Unrest, it was revealed that some Qiraji still resided in Ahn'Qiraj, and some even worshiped Cho'gall.
Maps and subregions
|Dungeon Name||Level Range||Group Size|
|Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||10-man|
|Temple of Ahn'Qiraj||60+||40-man|
Regions adjacent to Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
- Main article: Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom NPCs
- Main article: Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Kingdom quests
There are currently three quest givers found right outside the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj.
Notes and trivia
- There is nothing here in-game at present, though it is possible something will be added in the future.
- There is a massive cave on the shore at the very southern edge of the zone, accessible only by flying mount or swimming. Andrestrasz can be found in it.
- Standing on the main building of the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj will cause the zone to display as "Ahn Qiraj."
- The northern part of this area was displayed in Classic as the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Level scaling implemented.
- Hotfix (2010-12-08): "Players are again provided a spectral flying mount while in spirit form if killed in Ahn'Qiraj: The Fallen Temple. [sic]"
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.