- For the original encounter, see Amnennar the Coldbringer (Classic).
|Title||Ruler of Razorfen Downs|
|Level||37 - 62 Elite|
|Affiliation(s)||Scourge, Death's Head tribe, Splinterbone|
|Occupation||Ruler of Razorfen Downs|
Amnennar the Coldbringer is an elite lich boss found in Razorfen Downs, sitting atop the Spiral of Thorns, a mountain of massive spiked vines infested with his undead minions around a brazier burning with cold flames.
He is the leader of Death's Head tribe, a group of undead quilboars allied with the Scourge. Apparently, his is also its creator; he is credited in the book Compendium of Fallen Heroes for making the abomination Tartek the Enraged which single-handedly slew more than 1,200 quilboars before falling. The corpses were quickly raised by Amnennar, creating the first major Scourge-outpost on Kalimdor. He now rules the Death's Head's every move through the power of his massive consciousness.
Notably, earlier statements suggested that the Death's Head was formed when the quilboars in Razorfen Downs willingly allied themselves with the Scourge. This contradicts the explanation found in Compendium of Fallen Heroes. See the Death's Head tribe-article for details.
Though he was defeated many times, he will return as his phylactery was not destroyed. One such time could be when Reigol Valdread stopped him from getting a foothold when he attacked Death Speaker Blackthorn who wanted to raise him.
During the war in Draenor, Blackthorn worked on a way to revive the lich from his phylactery. Koristrasza entered the downs once again as her previous attempt was not fully completed. Now, with the aid of the adventurers she aided them personally and Blackthorn was killed. However, with his death, Amnennar rose once again. After the lich was slain once more, Koristrasza took his phylactery to the Red dragonflight in order to find a way for its destruction.
The lich Amnennar and his forces participated in the Scourge's assault on Mount Hyjal during the Third War. Afterward, the Lich King instructed his servant to remain in Kalimdor and expand the Scourge's influence, and so Amnennar began plans to create a base from which to strike at Orgrimmar and Theramore. To that end, Amnennar has set his sights on recruiting the recently displaced and desperate quilboar people, promising them power over death so they can repel invaders in their lands.
- Frozen Bomb - Amnennar creates an area of freezing cold that inflicts 250 Frost damage to all enemies within the area of effect.
- Soul Leech - Drains 300 health every 1 sec. transferring 75% of it to the caster and inflicts 100 Shadow damage to all allies.
- Entering Redeemed Soil causes Amnennar to become Overwhelmed stunning him for 6 sec.
Please add any available information to this section.
- You'll never leave this place alive.
- Koristrasza's Healing
- Koristrasza yells: Quickly! Stand within the healing soils to protect yourselves!
- Killing a player
- Too... Easy.
- Koristrasza says: We have done it. I will take the phylactery into safekeeping. Amnennar will no longer control the Quilboar nor threaten Kalimdor.
- Amnennar is voiced by Marc Graue.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): Death Speaker Blackthorn and Amnennar the Coldbringer no longer respawn following their deaths.
- Patch 6.0.3 (2014-10-28): Added, replacing the previous version.