An Eye for a Scepter
|Level||98 - 110 (Requires 98)|
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Completion
- 5 Notes
- 5.1 Stage 1: Where Are They?
- 5.2 Stage 2: The Other Players
- 5.3 Stage 3: The Third One
- 5.4 Stage 4: An Unfortunate Accident
- 5.5 Stage 5: Back to Searching
- 5.6 Stage 6: A Secret Meeting
- 5.7 Stage 7: Back to the Manifest
- 5.8 Stage 8: The Final Wing
- 5.9 Stage 9: Baradin Hold
- 5.10 Final Stage: The Eye of the Beast
- 6 Progression
- 7 Patch changes
- 8 External links
Sounds simple? Make nice with Shadow Council friend must... for now. Help with ritual enough to gain trust, then turn tables!
Council made portal device to Tol Barad here. Go, help Shadow Council find Eye of Dalaran, earn spot in big ritual! Then steal Scepter!
Calydus will try to keep eye on friend when possible.
You will receive:
- 46 20
- 22,600 XP
Yes, yes! Found the Eye! Helped Shadow Council! Now you go to ritual. Scepter will be there.
Tricky it will be friend, but Calydus have great faith in you!
Enter the portal to begin the Tol Barad scenario.
Stage 1: Where Are They?
- The Shadow Council is most likely looking for a prisoner. The cell blocks are a good choice to start.
- Find the Shadow Council group.
Make your way to D-Block, fighting any demons you might find. There are Imprisoned Imps, Shivarra Destroyers, Jailed Wrathguard, and Cell Watchers. Dark-Sworn Warlocks and Dark-Sworn Enforcers are dead.
Stage 2: The Other Players
- The remaining Council aspirants have been greatly thinned. Meet up with the survivors and find out their plans.
- Speak with Allaris and Nagaz.
- Allaris Narassin yells: Insolent orc! You should have awaited my arrival!
- Nagaz yells: I had things well in hand. Those fools were weak! We are better off without them!
- Allaris Narassin says: Ah, reinforcements at last. You have the Book of Medivh? I expected Jergosh, but you will do. Still, your timing could have been better.
- Nagaz says: Jergosh and the others didn't make it? How... convenient.
- Allaris Narassin says: It matters not. Gul'dan knows the Eye is here, but Tol Barad is huge and overrun. I believe an important document, a manifest of prisoners, is located in this block.
- Allaris Narassin says: In his infinite wisdom, Nagaz here sent his only remaining disciple to scout below. I suggest you find out what happened to him while we search elsewhere.
Stage 3: The Third One
- Tyranis Malem was sent ahead deeper into D-BLock. Head into the cells, find him, and find out what he knows.
- Find Tyranis in D-Block
- Nagaz says: Hmmph... I saw Tyranis go off to the right before I was forced to retreat.
Go to the right and kill any demons along the way, arriving in a room where Tyranis is holding on to dear life to a chain, to avoid being sucked into a void hole.
- Tyranis Malem says: You there! Aid me! But carefully, or it will pull you in, too!
Stage 4: An Unfortunate Accident
It is easier to get more credit with less help. Tyranis should suffer an unfortunate accident. Break the chain he holds or leave him to his fate.
- Break Tyranis' chain or leave him
- Tyranis Malem says: You... aren't you some sort of hero? Why are you helping the Shadow Cou-- nevermind! Pull me out! I will vouch for you, I swear!
Upon breaking the chain:
- Tyranis Malem says: What are you... NOOOOoooo...
Stage 5: Back to Searching
- The manifest isn't here. time[sic] to continue the search elsewhere.
- Continue searching the rest of the cell block.
Head back where you will be encountered by Nagaz.
- Nagaz says: Found Tyranis too late, did you? Pity...
- Nagaz says: Anyway, follow me! There's something over here I... need your help with.
Stage 6: A Secret Meeting
- Nagaz needs "help with something", probably a trap. Wait for him to spring it, then turn the tables.
- Follow then kill Nagaz.
- Nagaz says: I'll have that book now... and you'll be having a little "accident"!
- Nagaz says: I should be... the one... at Gul'dan's side...
Stage 7: Back to the Manifest
- Continue searching for the prison manifest in the cell block.
- Continue searching D-Block.
Head out and to the right side, where Allaris is waiting.
- Allaris Narassin says: Came up empty? No Nagaz either, I see. Not to worry, we all know how the lower echelons of our group scramble for position. Enough nonsense. What we seek is here!
Stage 8: The Final Wing
- Allaris believes the manifest to be here. Accompany him and find it.
- Find the prison manifest.
- Allaris Narassin says: There! The unquiet dead bar out path. Get that spirit out of my way, will you?
After killing Armond, Allaris walks up to the book and inspects it.
- Allaris Narassin says: Hmm... yes, I see. This entry clearly speaks of a void terror. It must have consumed the Eye in the Twisting Nether. Its purpose here is irrelevant. Quickly let us get to Baradin Hold!
Stage 9: Baradin Hold
- The manifest indicates that the target is in Baradin Hold. Go there with Allaris and find the creature.
- Enter Baradin Hold
Exit the D-Hold Ruins and head for Baradin Hold, to which the entrance is on the west side of the Tol Barad structure.
Final Stage: The Eye of the Beast
- The massive void terror has consumed the Eye. Kill it to retrieve the Eye.
- Kill Occul'tharon and find the Eye of Dalaran.
- Allaris Narassin says: It is here the most dangerous prisoners were kept. Best not wander about. No telling what may lurk in the shadows...
- Allaris Narassin says: To think the Horde and Alliance once waged war to control this prison. As usual, their small-minded efforts were misguided and futile.
The player and Allaris eventually come face-to-face with the void terror Occul'tharon who has the Eye of Dalaran in its possession.
- Allaris Narassin says: In your brief life span, I'm sure you have never faced a void terror. Avoid its eye attacks and stay out of my way. I am not here to protect you!
The fight is pretty straight forward: keep a Voidwalker out and don't stand in the fire.
- Allaris Narassin says: The beast falls! I am victorious once again.
- Allaris Narassin says: I'll retrieve the Eye. No doubt your crude attempts at its removal would cause irreparable damage.
- Allaris Narassin says: I have the Eye, and you have the Book. Well, I'll let you keep it for now. Make haste to the Tomb of Sargeras. Do not keep Gul'dan waiting.
- Calydus yells: All done, friend? Good, good! Calydus open portal for you. Back to Dalaran, quick, quick!
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.