|Level||120 (Requires 120)|
|Category||Black Empire Campaign|
An Unwelcome Advisor begins the patch 8.3 quest line, the Black Empire Campaign. Level 120 Alliance players will be automatically pushed the quest upon entering Boralus after the patch goes live so long as they have unlocked Nazjatar and the Essense system.
Speak with King Anduin Wrinn in Stormwind Keep.
- Speak with Anduin Wrynn
Meet me in Stormwind Keep. We must put a plan together to uncover N'Zoth's schemes before it is too late!
You will receive:
- 2 34
- 1,800 XP
What is it?
It would appear that N'Zoth's corruption is already reaching its way into our minds. We have no time to waste.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Time grows short <name>, and our spies have yet to uncover anything regarding N'Zoth's plan of attack.
- Anduin Wrynn says: We must take action against the Old God before it is too late. Report to Stormwind Keep at once.
- Master Mathias Shaw says: I'm afraid I have little to report, my king.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Then what is SI:7 doing, Shaw?
Speak with Anduin:
- It is about time you arrived.
- I hope you have some sense of how we can manage to root N'Zoth out of hiding. Thus far, Shaw and his spies have proven worthless.
I'm here to help.
A cinematic plays:
- Outside Stormwind Keep, two figures, one of which is Magni Bronzebeard, are seen approaching.
- Anduin Wrynn says: You mean to tell me none of your spies have returned?
- Anduin Wrynn says: N'Zoth is out there and we need answers, now!
- Matthias Shaw says: We are doing all we can.
- Matthias Shaw says: Sir Magni is coming, along with a new... advisor. He claims to have information for us.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Oh, by the Light... a new advisor.
- A throat is heard clearing. Anduin looks up to see Magni Bronzebeard enter, with Wrathion behind him.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Wrathion...
- Anduin rises from the throne and walks towards Wrathion.
- Wrathion says: Anduin! It's been so long!
- Anduin punches Wrathion in the face, making him stagger back. Magni looks between the two of them.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Oh, dragons...
- Wrathion says: I suppose I deserved that.
- Anduin Wrynn yells: Oh, you deserve more than that! My father is dead because of you!
- Wrathion says: And my father is dead because of the Old Gods.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Lad, he's come to help us.
- Anduin glares at Wrathion, who just smiles. Later, outside in the garden, Anduin and Wrathion are walking together, with Magni and Baine Bloodhoof behind them.
- Wrathion says: Neltharion the Earth-Warder was once the protector of Azeroth. But N'Zoth turned a noble mind into madness and now, my father is only remembered as Deathwing.
- Wrathion says: And as I haven't the least desire to share that fate, I've been studying how to avoid it.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Just tell me how to prepare for this attack. Our armies--
- Wrathion says: Will be useless. N'Zoth will strike here.
- Wrathion points at Anduin's head, indicating his mind.
- Wrathion says: He'll manipulate emotions. Get people to act in ways contrary to their nature.
- Anduin looks down at his fist, which he lets relax. He turns around, looking out over Stormwind.
- Wrathion says: You won't be able to trust your senses. Your memories. Your friends.
- Anduin clutches his eyes shut as everything begins to darken around him.
- Wrathion says: After all, what is real if our perceptions can't be trusted?
- Anduin sees N'Zoth rising up. It beings to wrap its tentacles around the Chapel of Light, destroying it.
- Wrathion says: Anduin? Anduin?
- Wrathion yells: Anduin!
- Anduin snaps out of the illusion. He turns around to face Wrathion again.
- Wrathion says: Don't you see, old friend? It's already begun.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Very well, advisor. Tell us how to stop him.
Return to the throne room:
- Anduin Wrynn says: <Name>, I apologize for my conduct earlier. I... was not myself.
- Wrathion says: Well, that was a pleasant reunion. <Name>, I will await you in Silithus.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Sorry to spring that on ye, lad. But before we go, I have a favor tae ask.
- Anduin Wrynn says: Anything, old friend.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: I'm gonna be needin' me hammer.
- Valeera's gossip
It saddens me that the Alliance and Horde can only seem to set aside their differences in the face of total annihilation.
If we do prevail against N'Zoth, will you yet again turn your blades on each other?
- Faction intro:
- Unlocks if players have not already acquired a corrupted item
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.