- For his Warcraft III statistics, see Anetheron (Warcraft III). For information on how to defeat him in World of Warcraft, see Anetheron (tactics).
|Occupation||Envoy of Archimonde|
Anetheron waited in the Twisting Nether, acting as an emissary of Archimonde to Tichondrius. He was one of the dreadlords assigned to watch over the Lich King, and grew agitated when they began to suspect the Lich King of treachery and possibly becoming a threat to the Burning Legion. But Tichondrius was confident that, despite his obvious ulterior motives, the Lich King was still providing the tools they needed to make way for the invasion. In a meeting in the Twisting Nether, Tichondrius assured Anetheron that everything was still well in his control.
When Archimonde came to the world, Anetheron went with him and served as a personal guardsman. Anetheron showed his tenacity when he led the Scourge against the Sentinels, Alliance, and Horde in the final, climactic Battle of Mount Hyjal. He invaded the Great Alliance's base several times during the battle, calling infernals to serve him, with the objective of defeating the resistance so that Archimonde could ascend to crush the World Tree. However, Anetheron was killed either during or after the battle.
Caverns of Time
This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.
- Main article: Anetheron (tactics)
Adventurers of the Horde and Alliance entered a time pocket of the Battle for Mount Hyjal. This time, however, Anetheron didn't fight throughout the entire battle, but he was defeated by Jaina Proudmoore, adventurers and troops of the Third War in the human base.
Warlords of Draenor
|Hyjal Summit||??||Alliance Horde||See Anetheron (tactics).|
|Black Gate, Hellfire Citadel||40 Elite||Alliance Horde||As a mob before the Archimonde encounter. In this appearance, he has mana.|
|Tomb of Sargeras, Battle for Broken Shore||??||Alliance Horde||During .|
- Hyjal Summit
- Main article: Anetheron (tactics)#Abilities
- Hellfire Citadel
- Carrion Swarm — A cresting wave of chaotic magic splashes over enemies in front of the caster, dealing 58 Shadow damage and reducing their healing done by 50%.
- Sleep — Puts enemies in a small area to sleep for up to 10 sec. Any damage caused will awaken sleeping targets.
- Summon Towering Infernal — Summons a Towering Infernal to defend the caster.
- Main article: The Dreadlords Convene (WC3 Undead)#Transcript
World of Warcraft
- Main article: Anetheron (tactics)#Quotes
Anetheron is a side character in the Year of the Gryphon storyline. He is responsible for killing Kurtrus Ashfallen's family thousands of years ago. He is summoned by Tamsin Roame to destroy Stormwind, although he is defeated by Kurtrus, Cariel Roame, and Tavish Stormpike.
Anetheron, shown inside of Stormwind City.
Complete the Ritual art with Tamsin Roame summoning Anetheron.
Gain Momentum art with Kurtrus Ashfallen fighting Anetheron.
Final Showdown art with Kurtrus Ashfallen fighting Anetheron.
Anetheron in Book of Mercenaries.
Anetheron's Sleep spell in Book of Mercenaries.
- Despite being orange in Warcraft III, in his Hyjal Summit and Hellfire Citadel appearances, his wings are colored red. In his Broken Shore appearance, his wings are yellow, bringing him closer to his Warcraft III appearance.
- In Warcraft III: Reforged, he retained his orange color, but was given the weighty nathrezim model.
- In the Warcraft III campaigns, dreadlord characters were given different colors out of concern that players wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
- Considering his high position amongst the nathrezim leadership, that Mephistroth and Tichondrius were killed during the third invasion of the Burning Legion, and it being unknown how long it would take for demons to regenerate within Twisting Nether, it is possible that Anetheron has emerged as the singular leader of the nathrezim and thus wrote the and ordered for the successful rescue of the imprisoned Sire Denathrius.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added in the Battle for Broken Shore.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Added in Hellfire Citadel.
- ^ a b c d "Path of the Damned: The Dreadlords Convene", Warcraft III. Blizzard Entertainment.
- ^ a b "Eternity's End: Twilight of the Gods", Warcraft III. Blizzard Entertainment.
- ^ Battle for Mount Hyjal (instance)#Infinite dragonflight
- ^ Warcraft III - Design Insights Highlights 02 : Undead Campaign
|Hyjal Summit||Hellfire Citadel||Battle for Broken Shore|