||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Arcane Brilliance
- Level 58 mage ability
- 30 yd range
- 1% of base mana
- Infuses the target with brilliance, increasing their spell power by 10% and their critical strike chance by 5% for 1 hour.
If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
[Glyph of Arcane Language]|
- "I can share more than food and water, mon."
Arcane Brilliance is a mage buff spell available at level 58.
Tips and tactics
- It does not stack with [Dalaran Brilliance], [Dark Intent], or [Legacy of the White Tiger]; and the pet abilities [Bellowing Roar], [Fearless Roar], [Furious Howl], [Terrifying Roar], or [Still Water].
- Because of its long duration, it is standard practice for mages to keep this spell up onto themselves and all party members while in a group.
- If you have mana to spare while soloing, any nearby friendly player will appreciate and benefit from this ability. Casting it on a priest will encourage the priest to cast [Power Word: Fortitude] on you in return. Likewise, druids will often return the favor with [Mark of the Wild], and paladins with [Blessing of Might] or [Blessing of Kings].
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned. Spell power benefit increased from 6% to 10%. Now also increases critical strike chance by 5%. No longer increases mana.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mana cost has been reduced by approximately 16%, making it roughly equal to the cost of [Mark of the Wild].
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned. Now increases spell power by 6% and maximum mana based on level. Mana cost reduced to 31% of base mana. Reagent cost removed.
- Previously was the group buff version of [Arcane Intellect], increasing party members' Intellect for 60 minutes.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The buff will be stored in a Consolidation Box when received. It will come out when 3 min is left.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Arcane Brilliance Rank 2 is now available from mage trainers.
- Rank 3 is also trainable, though you need World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King to reach the required level.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Mana cost reduced.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- Rank 1 is now available from trainers.
- Rank 2 now has the same range as rank 1.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Range and area of effect increased.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): Added.