- Deprived of the Sunwell, the sin'dorei have learned new techniques for manipulating arcane magic.
|Death knight||20 Runic Power|
|Mage||3% of your Mana|
|Paladin||(Holy, Protection) 3% of your Mana|
(Retribution) 1 Holy Power
|Priest||(Discipline, Holy) 3% of your Mana|
(Shadow) 15 Insanity
|Rogue||15 of your Energy|
|Warlock||3% of your Mana|
- Removes 1 beneficial effect from all enemies in an 8 yard radius around the blood elf. In addition to the purge effect, Arcane Torrent also regenerates a small amount of your resource, depending on class.
- Does not trigger the GCD.
Blood elves use Arcane Torrent to control their thirst for magic, by allowing them to control and release what they absorb as a torrent of arcane energy. Failure to do so would ultimately result in their becoming one of the Wretched.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17):
Now removes 1 beneficial magic effect from all enemies (was a silence). Cooldown increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now generates 15 Insanity.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now generates Mana instead of Holy Power for Holy and Protection paladins.
- Patch 6.2.2 (2015-09-01): Now has a reduced cooldown of 1.5 minutes (down from 2 minutes).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now restores 20 Runic Power for death knights (up from 15 Runic Power), 1 Holy Power for paladins, or 3% of mana for mages, priests, and warlocks (up from 2% of mana).
- Hotfix (2012-09-28): "Arcane Torrent now returns 2% of base mana (was previously an unintended 6%)."
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Updated tooltip to include the functionality that this ability also interrupts spellcasting on NPCs. In addition, this ability will now be properly noted and displayed as an interrupt in the cast bar UI.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This ability will also apply a 3 second interrupt effect against non-player controlled targets, making it more versatile against creatures immune to silencing effects.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): All Silence spells now have diminishing returns. This includes: Arcane Torrent.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Originally, Arcane Torrent consumed charges of , with increased effect per charge. Patch 3.0.2 removed Mana Tap and gave Arcane Torrent a flat effect.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.
- ^ a b - If there is only one lesson you deign to remember from your time on Sunstrider Isle, let it be this - control your thirst for magic. It is a thirst unending, <name> - what you absorb must be controlled and released via Arcane Torrent. Failure is to become one of the Wretched... hopelessly addicted and insane.