Horde, Scryers, Shattered Sun Offensive, Sunreavers, Nightborne, Kirin Tor, Silver Covenant, Alliance |
|Racial capital||Silvermoon City|
Kael'thas Sunstrider (Burning Legion)
Arcane golems (or crystal golems) are hulking, magically-powered robotic constructs found mainly in blood elf territories. They act as peacekeepers, defenders, and sometimes public announcers. The golems returned to prominence in Silvermoon some years after Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas. Their physical build boasts a number of different color schemes depending on the model. The blood elves have put them to the most use, generally using a red-and-gold variant, though also have vermilion and altered fel golem versions in their arsenal.
This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.
Empowered by the Magisters, the arcane guardians serve the leadership of Quel'Thalas as sentries, peacekeepers, and tools of propaganda. Found mainly in the blood elven capital, Silvermoon City, they patrol it with fervor and serve as the city's elite guard force while supplementing the Silvermoon City Guardians in their duties. They will periodically announce words of encouragement, sing praises to the blood elven regent Lor'themar Theron, urge the people of Silvermoon to remain strong in the wake of Kael'thas Sunstrider's betrayal, and remind the citizens of Quel'Thalas to remain law-abiding.
Aside from those found in Quel'Thalas, other blood elven organizations such as the Scryers have made use of their arcane guardians. Following the formation of the Shattered Sun Offensive, this faction also employed several guardians during the effort to retake the Isle of Quel'Danas from the Burning Legion.
Several blood elven arcane golems have also been modified by the Burning Legion and imbued with demonic power. These fel golems appear to be a larger and more powerful alternative to the original designs, laced in dark greens and boasting the ability to channel fel power through their systems, in the same vein as a fel reaver. The Sunblade Protector is an example of this design.
Mists of Pandaria
Both the Sunreavers and the Kirin Tor have fielded arcane golems in recent times. The former have dispensed familiar-looking models from Silvermoon City, while the latter have created guardians with a violet color scheme. Both forces have also created an alteration of the older arcane golem model: the Pyrestar Demolisher by the Sunreaver Onslaught and the Arcane Destroyer by Jaina Proudmoore's Kirin Tor Offensive. Both sides describe them as machines of death, capable of inflicting massive destruction against their opponents.
They are used by the Tirisgarde, as well as some factions of the Nightfallen and Withered. Some Nightfallen constructs appear somewhat more crudely built and lopsided. The nightborne also used Nightborne constructs to secure Suramar, both before and after its liberation.
Battle for Azeroth
- Arcanis Mechanica <Grand Magister Rommath's Guardian>
- Ever-Core the Punisher
- Haywire Sunreaver Construct
- The Curator
- The Conservator
- Arcane Destroyer (Isle of Thunder)
- Pyrestar Demolisher
- Kirin Tor Construct
- Sunreaver Construct
- Arcane Golem (Stormwind City)
As a companion pet
- has a chance to drop from Haywire Sunreaver Construct on the Isle of Thunder.
- has a chance to drop from from Brutallus in Sunwell Plateau.
- They are a product of both mechanical engineering and arcane enchantment, and as such can be classified as both mechanicals and elementals. In-game, arcane golems have one or the other of these creature types.
- Arcane guardians have several emote animations in-game, though these are rarely seen. Sunreaver Constructs at the Dawnseeker Promontory can be seen using a unique "talk" animation, for example, and they can also kneel and channel magic.
- Arcane golems apparently come with a manual, including a new appendix on removing verbal references to Kael'thas.
- Draenei have their own arcane golems, such as the Draenei Tomb Guardian and the Crystalforged Demolisher.
- Nightborne utilize similar constructions, the nightborne constructs.
A standard arcane guardian within Silvermoon City.
A damaged arcane guardian within the Scryer's Tier.
Another color variation, guarding the former residence of Dar'Khan Drathir.
The Pyrestar Demolisher.
Azsharan Sentinel in Hearthstone.