|This article's name is unofficial.|
Arcane wyrms are floating, serpentine creatures, suffused with arcane energy. They appear similar in shape to mana wyrms but are much larger and more sinuous. They may indeed be related to mana wyrms, which also have an affinity for arcane magic, although the former have been classed as dragonkin or elementals, while the latter are classed consistently as beasts.
- Acroniss, Silithus
- Arcane Serpent, Borean Tundra
- Arcane Wyrm, Dragonblight
- Crazed Mana-Wyrm, the Nexus
- Spirit of the North, Borean Tundra
- Arcane wyrms use the model that was originally intended for nether dragons in early stages of the development of the The Burning Crusade expansion, as can be seen in its first official trailer. The model was later switched, and the arcane wyrm model was not used at all in WoW's first expansion. Arcane wyrms appeared for the first time in Wrath of the Lich King.
Model from The Burning Crusade, later used for e.g. Arcane Wyrms
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Arcane wyrms are now classified as beasts instead of dragonkin and can be tamed as serpents.