|Affiliation(s)||Brotherhood of the Light, Argent Crusade, Argent Dawn|
|Former affiliation(s)||Kirin Tor, Magocracy of Dalaran|
|Occupation||Archmage of the Brotherhood of the Light|
|Former occupation(s)||Watcher of Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian|
|Location||Tyr's Hand, Eastern Plaguelands; Stratholme|
Archmage Angela Dosantos was originally a member of the Kirin Tor of Dalaran, where her duties were to watch over the magical barriers protecting Atiesh, the legendary greatstaff of the final Guardian, Medivh. When the demon lord Archimonde destroyed Dalaran, the barriers were broken and Atiesh was shattered into many pieces. Dosantos left the Kirin Tor and began a search for the greatstaff which continues today.
She first joined the Argent Dawn in order to help prevent Kel'Thuzad from gaining control of Atiesh, and has since been enrolled in the Brotherhood of the Light in order to pursue this goal more aggressively.
World of Warcraft
Archmage Angela Dosantos was originally located at Light's Hope Chapel in the Eastern Plaguelands, present alongside Eligor Dawnbringer during a meeting with Scarlet envoys led by Scarlet Commander Marjhan in order to keep relations between the Argent Dawn and the Scarlet Crusade from turning violent, and to counter an imminent attack from Kel'Thuzad and the Scourge.
As a Watcher of Atiesh, she had access to many of Medivh's personal writings. In them, she discovered the secret to creating the Frostfire Regalia armor set for mages. She also uses Cores of Elements in her creations, proposing to the adventurers to exchange them with her for an .
Following the Cataclysm, Angela Dosantos appeared alongside Eligor Dawnbringer and Korfax outside Tyr's Hand in the Eastern Plaguelands to cleanse the town from the Risen who infested it with an assault force of one hundred men. Aided by adventurers, Angela and the Brotherhood were able to capture the city and eliminate the Scarlet leadership including the then undead Valdelmar himself. With this, the Scarlet Crusade definitely lost its hold over the city, which came under the control of the Brotherhood of the Light.
The subject of this section was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in Classic.
- Dialogue about Atiesh
- It is said that Kel'Thuzad seeks the legendary Atiesh, greatstaff of the Guardian.
- Yes, the very staff once held by Medivh.
What is Atiesh?
- Like Kel'Thuzad, I too was once a mage of the Kirin Tor. And like Kel'Thuzad, I seek the legendary Atiesh, greatstaff of the Guardian. Our fates are intertwined as such, <class>.
What Guardian? I don't understand any of this.
- Progeny of Aegwynn, he that would be the last Guardian of Tirisfal... Medivh..
- It is a story of legend and one that I do not have the time nor the inclination to retell. Just know that Medivh was the last of the Guardians. The greatstaff of Atiesh was a focal point of his power and a focal point of corruption.
- The corruption of a fallen titan. The corruption of the Destroyer. After all, the staff was forged from the seed of hate. That is, of course, what has brought me here...
- After the fall of Karazhan, the Kirin Tor dispatched an assembly of mages to search the tower and seize all items of import... for the purposes of "research." It was then that the fabled staff was discovered and brought back to Dalaran.
- What followed were a series of tragic events, leading to the death of every Kirin Tor mage that came into contact with Atiesh.
- You see, it was an artifact with sentience. A sentience granted to it by Sargeras...
- <Angela nods.>
- After the deaths, the Six decided that the best course of action was to seal the staff behind impenetrable barriers of magic and appoint a watcher: A guardian of the staff... I would be that watcher.
This is disturbing. Please continue.
- There is not much more to tell. Dalaran was nearly wholly destroyed by Archimonde, the staff lost, presumably shattered by the barrier's fail-safe mechanisms.
- There are those that believe the staff to be the cause of Archimonde's reprisal.
Please, tell me more.
- After the fall of Dalaran, I took my leave from the Kirin Tor. I spent years watching over Atiesh, only to have my purpose amongst the Kirin Tor taken away from me in one fell swoop. I would find the staff, though it might take a lifetime. That is how I came to join the Argent Dawn and why I am here now.
Is there anything else?
- I have tracked the various fragments of the staff across this world and in doing so, discovered Kel'Thuzad's plans to reform the staff. He has already collected several of the staff's fragments - which are being held by his most trusted lieutenants.
- I cannot emphasize enough the importance of keeping the greatstaff of the Guardian out of Kel'Thuzad's grasp. Frankly, I do not know what the result would be, other than a catastrophe of epic proportion.
- Core of elements
Where can I find core of elements?
Ah, a good question.
If you prefer hunting in the great outdoors, there are elementals here in the Plaguelands, Azshara, Burning Steppes, Felwood, Silithus, Winterspirng, and even Un'goro Crater.
If you are the type that laughs in the face of danger, then perhaps you should visit Dire Maul. I have heart that a great many elemental abberations[sic] exist within its walls. You would also do well in seeking out the elementals employed by the Dark Iron dwarves of Blackrock Depths.
- Jessica serving food
- Jessica Chambers says: Ok, you had the fish platter, Commander. Enjoy!
- Jessica Chambers says: Father, you had the bowl of fruit? Right?
- Commander Eligor Dawnbringer says: The fish is exquisite, Jessica.
- Jessica Chambers says: And for the ladies, roast baby boar. Enjoy!
- Father Inigo Montoy says: Is this a mango? Stupendous!
- Jessica Chambers says: Please let me know if you need anything else!
- Scarlet Commander Marjhan says: Thank you, Jessica.
- Scarlet Commander Marjhan says: And might I add, that dress is lovely! You must tell me where you got it from.
- Archmage Angela Dosantos says: Indeed... Lovely dress, Jessica.
- Talking to Angela with the
- Archmage Angela Dosantos says: What have you done? FOOL! You brought it... NO!
- Archmage Angela Dosantos runs outside of the chapel.
- Archmage Angela Dosantos scratches at her throat.
- Archmage Angela Dosantos dies.
- Despite the fact that Dosantos was supposed to have died in Classic after being presented with the , being completely absent from the Battle for Light's Hope Chapel and the entirety of the Argent Crusade's war in Northrend unlike her contemporaries Eligor Dawnbringer, Korfax, Rayne, Rimblat Earthshatter and Metz, she reappears in Cataclysm alive as a quest giver.
- She is the only Tier 3 quest giver who does not have gossip text describing the lore behind the armor set she grants following the completion of .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now appears within Stratholme.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): All quests offered by Angela are still available except and .
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Added.