|Former affiliation(s)||Kirin Tor, Magocracy of Dalaran, Alliance|
|Location||Ambermill, Silverpine Forest|
Archmage Ataeric was originally a human member of the Kirin Tor in Ambermill in Silverpine Forest. His death and staff was required by Shadow Priest Allister. After the Cataclysm, he continued trying to defend Ambermill but was killed and raised into undeath as a Forsaken.
Ataeric, an archmage of great power, was responsible for overseeing the Kirin Tor's reactivation of the ley line node under Ambermill. Shadow Priest Allister sent adventurers to kill him and obtain his staff in order to stop the Kirin Tor's efforts.
Ataeric apparently survived his assassination attempt. When the Horde invaded Silverpine Forest, he and the other Ambermill residents shifted the town into a pocket dimension. Horde adventurers are sent to kill him in order to return Ambermill to Azeroth, after which Daschla will raise him and the other magi into undeath. The fight with him requires that you kill his minions, rather than fighting him. Killing them will fill his mana bar until he is overloaded and destroys himself.
After being resurrected, Ataeric—like other undead who die in combat or under extreme stress—entered into a violent, frenzied state which made him easy to manipulate and allowed the Forsaken to direct his rage against their enemy. He and the other Ambermill residents are seen during the final battle for Silverpine fighting on the Forsaken's side, killing their former comrades. Ataeric himself personally battled and killed Loremaster Dibbs and Phin Odelic.
It is unknown what became of Ataeric after his frenzy ended, but he is either still among the Forsaken or was returned to the grave.
While maintaining the Transdimensional Shield:
While fighting for the Forsaken:
- Blast Wave — Unleashes a wave of flame, inflicting Fire damage to nearby enemies and reducing their movement speed for 6 sec.
- Fireball — Inflicts Fire damage to an enemy.
- Flamestrike — Calls down a pillar of flame, burning all enemies in a selected area and inflicting additional damage every 2 sec. for 8 sec.
- Molten Armor — Causes Fire damage when hit, increases your chance to critically hit with spells by 3%, and reduces the chance you are critically hit by 5%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active at any time. Lasts 10 min.
- Chains of Ice — Forms icy chains around the enemy, locking the target in place for 20 sec.
- Frostbolt — Inflicts Frost damage to an enemy and reduces its movement speed for 4 sec.
- Main article: Transdimensional Warfare: Chapter III#Notes
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 22 to 19. Model updated.