|Title||<Master of Fate>|
|Race||High elf (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Kirin Tor, Kirin Tor Offensive|
Archmage Lan'dalock is a high elf quest giver located at the Violet Hold (outside of the actual instance) in Dalaran. He offers the weekly raid quests to players. Prior to patch 3.3.0, he and Archmage Timear gave random daily quests for dungeons. See Daily quest for the quests he once offered.
- 1 History
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Spells and abilities
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Patch changes
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The Purge of Dalaran
During the Purge of Dalaran, Lan'dalock and two Silver Covenant enforcers guarded the entrance to the Violet Hold, where the captured or surrendered Sunreavers were being held. It is possible for Horde heroes to be banished to the hold's entrance by Jaina Proudmoore during Grand Magister Rommath's assault on the city, in which case players will fight and kill Lan'dalock to secure their escape. During the battle, Lan'dalock will summon illusions of the various bosses he once tasked players with defeating during the Wrath of the Lich King era.
Rise of the Thunder King
Archmage Lan'dalock makes an appearance on the Isle of Thunder, making his optional death during the Purge of Dalaran non-canon. He is tasked to dismantle the presence of the Zandalari trolls at Za'Tual.
It is revealed that Lan'dalock had a liaison with Matron Mother Malevolence before he joined the Kirin Tor. The Illidari use this to their advantage and secure his help in breaking into the Black Temple.
Archmage Lan'dalock gives out for , Marks of Honor, or gold.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Purge of Dalaran||90||57,470|
|Isle of Thunder||90||91,950|
- Main article: Wrath of the Lich King daily quests#Heroic dailies
- Northrend gossip
Amongst the Kirin Tor, it is my duty to see to the strategic interests of the magocracy.
There is much yet to be done this week. Will you assist me, <name>?
- "I came all the way from Dalaran, and this is the welcoming I get?"
- "I think I knocked this one into next week."
- "Fire elementals must die!"
- "The ruling council has ordered you banished. I plan to see those orders out."
- "Until we meet again... You know where to find me."
Dalaran during the Purge
"Now... YOU must die!"
Violet Rise, Isle of Thunder
- "These Zandalari are not to be underestimated. They are quite unlike any troll I have yet encountered."
Looking for a Seal of Broken Fate?
- The matron mother?
- <The archmage's face goes red as he chokes out a cough and looks around surreptitiously.>
- Yes, of course. Anything for Malevolence.
Spells and abilities
- Chilled — If an enemy strikes the caster, they may have their movement slowed by 30% and the time between their attacks increased by 20% for 5 sec. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time.
- Frost Armor — Encases the caster in a layer of frost that lasts 30 min. The thick ice increases armor, slows melee attackers' movement, and increases the time between their attacks. (10 cooldown)
- Frost Nova — Inflicts Frost damage to nearby enemies, immobilizing them for up to 4 sec. 2 sec cast.
- Frostbolt 40 yd range — Inflicts Frost damage to an enemy and reduces its movement speed for 4 sec. 3 sec cast.
- Frostfire Bolt 40 yd range — Launches a bolt of frostfire at the enemy, causing 266 to 305 Frost-Fire damage, slowing movement speed by 40% and causing an additional 66 Fire damage over 9 sec. If the target is more vulnerable to Frost damage, this spell will cause Frost instead of Fire damage. 3 sec cast.
- Ice Lance 35 yd range — Deals Frost damage to an enemy target. Causes double damage against Frozen targets. Instant.
- Summon Images — Summons illusions of the bosses. 3 sec cast.
- His name may be a pun on "landlocked," which may be less of a stretch if you consider that he and Archmage Timear were the first questgiver NPCs to be given collision boundaries.
- When engaged by members of the Horde during the Purge of Dalaran, he summons various images of Wrath of the Lich King bosses, such as:
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added to the Isle of Thunder.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Seen during the Purge of Dalaran.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added as a possible "helper NPC" during .
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): No longer gives out the heroic daily quests. Instead he now gives the weekly raid quests.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Added.