|Start||Archmage Ansirem Runeweaver|
|Rewards||9 30 (at level 108)|
Investigate Archmage Vargoth's quarters.
- Portal Used
- Archmage Vargoth's Retreat Entered
- Crystal Ball Examined
- Frosted Doughnut Examined
- Magical Tome Examined
- Well-worn Scroll Examined
I will hold out hope that our esteemed colleague is merely up to his usual eccentricities.
You will receive:
- 9 70
- 7,740 XP
What have you discovered, <name>?
Hmm. This appears to be Archmage Vargoth's notes on the Nightborne Soulstone. Supposedly the energy of captured souls stored within it can be channeled directly from the stone! If that's true, it is very powerful, indeed!
- Quest accept
- Archmage Kalec says: Portal coming up!
- Archmage Kalec proceeds to open a portal to Archmage Vargoth's retreat.
- Retreat entered
- Archmage Kalec says: This is a nice space for a mortal. Let's see what secrets it is hiding.
- Crystal Ball examined
- Archmage Kalec says: Mortals and their crystal balls... Although this one may actually be more than just a novelty.
- Frosted Doughnut examined
- Archmage Kalec says: That stinks! It's covered in mold. Archmage Vargoth has been away longer than I thought.
- Magical Tome examined
- Archmage Kalec says: Fascinating! This is a spell book of ancient Nightborne rituals. I must borrow it sometime.
- Well-worn scroll examined
- Archmage Kalec says: Now this is interesting. I had no idea Archmage Vargoth was also interested in the breeding habits of angelfish!
- Archmage Vargoth's Journal
- Archmage kalec says: Wait. Is that a journal you've found? That may be what we are looking for!
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- (arcane and fire)
- Complete both:
- Side quests:
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.