- "In the face of despair and hatred, we must continue to stand true to our beliefs and fight on."
Paletress will periodically give a speech to each praying faction Champions. After this, behind the confession screen, she receives the confessions of some of the Champions present in the room.
When the Twin Val'kyr Fjola Lightbane and Eydis Darkbane led an attack of Vengeful Val'kyr on the tournament grounds, Paletress confronts and defeats them. Shackled by Priestess Alorah and Priest Grimmin, their capture was an unexpected opportunity for the Crusade, and they were later sent into the Trial of the Crusader.
Paletress also features as an encounter in the Trial of the Champion, where she seeks to help adventurers overcome their fears through forcing them to defeat the memories of some of their greatest adversaries. She is later one of the NPCs that have a chance to assist the player in . In patch 4.3, her image is in Utgarde Pinnacle to provide the quest to kill Svala Sorrowgrave.
During the Scourge resurgence, Paletress revealed that the Scourge had overrun the chapel and forced the Crusaders there to flee. She was then seen defending the grounds in front of the chapel.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Argent Confessor Paletress (tactics)||82|
|Image of Argent Confessor Paletress||74 - 82||51,720|
- Holy Fire
- Holy Smite
- Power Word: Fortitude
Argent Tournament Grounds
- Herald Beluus yells: The Val'kyr are attacking! Take cover!
- Vengeful Val'kyr yells: Fools! Did you think our master blind? Did you think we did not know of this intrusion? Our elder sisters come, and there will be no escape from their wrath!
- Fjola Lightbane and Eydis Darkbane fly to the gates of the coliseum. Paletress spawns in front of the gates and walks out to them.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: In coming here, you have made a grave mistake. These tournament grounds are a bastion of the Light, and you power cannot match it.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: I am sorry, but you do not belong here, and you cannot be allowed to harm the innocents on the grounds.
- The twins attack with Touch of the Val'kyr, but Paletress charges up Holy Smite and blasts them both, stunning them. Priest Grimmin and Priestess Alorah spawn, casting Shackle Undead on Lightbane and Darkbane respectively and pull them to the ground.
- Fjola Lightbane says: This cannot be!
- Eydis Darkbane says: This cannot be!
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Once more I apologize, but you chose this fate.
- Thank you all for attending this sermon. It's wonderful to see so many familiar faces!
- Today I would like to touch on the three virtues of the Light.
- These are dark and difficult times for us all. The armies of the Scourge amass to the south. Companions fall on the battlefield and rise to serve our enemy moments later.
- Many of you have experienced a betrayal of trust.
- Yet you persevere, as we all must. In these times, no one is a stranger to the virtue of tenacity. In the face of despair and hatred, we continue to stand true to our beliefs and fight on.
- There can be no doubt as to your tenacity... but there are other virtues to consider.
- Respect is the first virtue taught to those joining the path of the Light.
- Look across the aisle to those you would call enemy. Despite the hatred that separates you, there are qualities to respect in your opponent. Their prowess should be acknowledged.
- All of us gathered here have a concept of honorable combat. Conducting yourself with honor and treating your opponent as you wish to be treated shows respect.
- Respect your opponent on the field, whether he be your brother or your sworn enemy. No matter where your beliefs truly lie, such respect is acknowledging a connection...
- ...and in acknowledging those connections, you are closer to the Light.
- There is one further step on the path of Light: compassion.
- Rivalries abound in this day and age. It is easy to see differences wherever you turn.
- The challenge is in looking beyond appearances and understanding our similarities. Through this understanding, you can feel compassion for the losses others have suffered...
- ...even if the victim bears another banner.
- By feeling and understanding compassion in enemy and ally alike, you reaffirm your connection with the world.
- Acting on these tenets, these virtues, help make the world a place we all can appreciate. A world of honor and justice.
- Think on my words, friends. In the darkness that surrounds us all, the Light is needed more than ever.
- I'll be behind the confessional screen if anyone wishes to speak with me. Any doubts, any worries, any uncertainties I will happily soothe.
- Gnomeregan Champion
- Gnomeregan Champion says: I don't know if I can compete! Everyone is so much bigger!
- Gnomeregan Champion says: I've calculated the probability of my success, and it's distressingly low!
- Gnomeregan Champion says: I can't accurately assess the mathematics behind the charge of my turbostrider while keeping hold of my lance at the precise angle needed and keeping my shield in the exact location for maximum protection at any given second!
- Gnomeregan Champion says: ...and some of those mounts can trample me!
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Take heart. Size isn't what matters, but how you use the skills you have.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: What you lack in size you make up for in ambition and dedication, little one. Go with the Light.
- Ironforge Champion
- Ironforge Champion says: Lass, I've a confession to make to ya.
- Ironforge Champion says: I've been feelin'... urges.
- Ironforge Champion says: It was a powerful feelin' while I was listenin' to yer sermon, and it's drivin' me nuts!
- Ironforge Champion says: ...I NEED A DRINK!
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Drink in moderation, then, my dwarven friend, but you may want to turn in your lance and reins for the time being. Go with the Light.
- Orgrimmar Champion
- Orgrimmar Champion says: This isn't honorable combat. I long to face my opponents in battle with my axe in hand!
- Orgrimmar Champion says: These are my enemies. YOU would be my enemy in battle! Your king has declared war on my kind!
- Orgrimmar Champion says: But instead of fighting as my people would, as my people should, I find myself with a long, unwieldy pole, attempting to coax my wolf into charging my opponent without attacking.
- Orgrimmar Champion says: This is not how orcs fight! My duty to the Warchief wars with my personal honor. I hold no faith in your Light, but as you seem an advisor, I would hear your words.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: I understand your frustration. Your people are ferocious in battle, and this isn't what you're used to.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: But this is a different sort of honorable combat. Difficult to adapt to, perhaps, but with your prowess I'm sure you'll show everyone the strength in your people.
- Argent Confessor Paletress flexes at Orgrimmar Champion.
- Orgrimmar Champion laughs.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Besides... while an axe can be a valuable tool in war, lances have their uses as well.
- Silvermoon Champion
- Silvermoon Champion says: This fighting is endless. I'm not certain how much more of it I can stand.
- Silvermoon Champion says: All of this posturing, all of this dancing about in rings... it seems pointless. What's the use?
- Silvermoon Champion says: And I'm beginning to get HELMET HAIR. This is a travesty!
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: It may seem pointless, but try to find pride in a good fight. The time will come when all this practicing and competition will be put to good use.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: And your hair looks wonderful.
- Argent Confessor Paletress blows a kiss to Silvermoon Champion.
- Silvermoon Champion blows a kiss to Argent Confessor Paletress.
- Stormwind Champion
- Stormwind Champion says: My heart hangs heavier with each passing day, Confessor.
- Stormwind Champion says: I have been ordered here, and here I stay and fight under the banner of Stormwind. But everything I do here is empty.
- Stormwind Champion says: Beyond these reaches, the Scourge continue their work, destroying more and more of what we've built. The fight should be there. I should be there.
- Stormwind Champion says: How can I justify jousting while people die without my protection?
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Your heart is in the right place, and I know you seek to serve the Light. But these small strikes do little to the great undead host.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: This tournament is helping to form a strong, concerted force, though it may not appear obvious. When we're ready, the eyes of the Crusade and all its champions will turn towards Icecrown.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: We will bring the might of all races to the Lich King, and he will be defeated.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: I know this does not seem like the obvious path to you, but it will bring you closer to the Light. Fight well, brother.
- Undercity Champion
- Undercity Champion says: I punched a penguin on my way in here.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?
- Undercity Champion says: Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face.
- Undercity Champion laughs.
- Argent Confessor Paletress turns around and leaves the Confession Screen.
- Undercity Champion waves at Argent Confessor Paletress and goes back to his seat.
Trial of the Champion
- Main article: Argent Confessor Paletress (tactics)#Quotes
As an ally on Mount Hyjal
- Light be with you.
- Confess your sins, and be forgiven!
- Go with the light.
- None escape the judgment of the light.
- Stand strong, combatants.
- Darkness has fallen upon these grounds.
- And what of the chapel?
- The Scourge appeared without warning.
- If it were not for our allies, more would have been lost.
- I thank the Light we managed to escape.
- She appears as a legendary card for the Priest class in the Grand Tournament expansion of Hearthstone. Her flavor text reads: "She sees into your past and makes you face your fears. Most common fear: Getting Majordomo out of Sneed's Old Shredder."
- Her name, as well as her appearance, may be a reference to High Inquisitor Whitemane. For one, the confessor's outfit looks very similar to Whitemane's, albeit differently colored. The name is also similar, in that they both refer to hair ("white mane", "pale tress").
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.