|Location||Crusaders' Coliseum, Icecrown|
Either she or Eadric the Pure will be encountered after defeating the three grand champions of the opposite faction.
Before heroes can challenge the forces of darkness, they must defeat agents of the Light. Highlord Tirion Fordring has selected a formidable priest from the Argent Crusade to test combatants' mettle. Paletress will do everything in her power to ensure that only those with strong faith will confront the Scourge.
- The priestess drops lightwells, casts Holy Smite and Shadow Word: Pain. On heroic, she will also try to Mind Contol someone unless interrupted.
- The lightwielder melees and casts cleave.
- The monk has Final Meditation (on heroic only) which encases him in bubble at 1 hp and slows attack and movement speed of nearby players.
- Holy Smite — Argent Confessor Paletress smites a random player, inflicting Holy damage.
- Renew — Argent Confessor Paletress renews an ally, healing them every 3 sec. for 9 sec.
- Holy Fire — Argent Confessor Paletress consumes a player in flames, inflicting Fire damage and inflicting additional Fire damage every 2 sec. for 8 sec.
- Summon Memory — When Argent Confessor Paletress reaches 50% health remaining, she summons a creature from your past battles.
- Reflective Shield — While the Memory of the Past is active, Argent Confessor Paletress shields herself in a reflective barrier. This effect absorbs all damage taken and reflects 25% of the damage absorbed back onto the attacker.
- Memory of the Past — Summons one of the following memories: Algalon the Observer, Archimonde, Chromaggus, Cyanigosa, Priestess Delrissa, Eck the Ferocious, Entropius, Gruul the Dragonkiller, Hakkar the Soulflayer, Heigan the Unclean, Herod, Hogger, Ignis the Furnace Master, Illidan Stormrage, Ingvar the Plunderer, Warlord Kalithresh, Lucifron, Prince Malchezaar, Mutanus the Devourer, Onyxia, Prince Thunderaan, Edwin VanCleef, Lady Vashj, Vek'nilash, General Vezax.
- Waking Nightmare — The Memory of the Past strikes fear in all players, inflicting periodic Shadow damage and causing them to flee in terror for 4 sec.
- Shadows of the Past — The Memory of the Past shrouds a player in shadows of the past, inflicting Shadow damage and reducing attack and casting speeds by 90% for 5 sec.
- Old Wounds — The Memory of the Past inflicts Physical damage to a player every second for 12 sec.
Paletress summons a random memory. While the ghost is alive, Paletress puts a 100% damage reduction shield on herself but doesn't (bug?) remain attacking the tank. Anyone who attacks Paletress while her shield is up will receive 25% of the damage dealt as damage to yourself. It should be noted, however, that she is still interruptable through the shield. Anybody with a kick-like interrupt can do this. This can be very helpful for interrupting the renew, even when she has summoned the memory.
Simply attack her until she summons the memory, take it down and finish her off afterward.
Her Renew is a magic effect, removing it can speed up the fight. If you have a Mage in the group the renew extremely powerful, is Spellstealable, and will greatly reduce said Mage's drain on the healer should he/she steal it.
The memory's Waking Nightmare is a typeless fear effect, and any ability that removes fear can be useful.
Paletress will focus on you if you taunt her. Additionally, everything she and the memory cast can be Spell Reflected. The talent makes this fight a lot easier.
- Main article: Confessor's Cache
That was an impressive display. But are your ready for your next challenge?
I am ready for the next challenge.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Well fought! Your next challenge comes from the Crusade's own ranks. You will be tested against their considerable prowess.
- Jaeren Sunsworn/Arelas Brightstar yells: The next combatant is second to none in her passion for upholding the Light. I give you Argent Confessor Paletress!
- The Alliance spectators cheer for Argent Confessor Paletress.
- The Horde spectators cheer for Argent Confessor Paletress.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Thank you, good herald. Your words are too kind.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: May the Light give me strength to provide a worthy challenge.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: You may begin!
- Mobs cleared
- The <Alliance/Horde> spectators cheer for <name>.
- The <player's race>s of <city> cheer for <name>.
- Well then, let us begin.
- Summoning a memory
- Take this time to consider your past deeds.
- Killing a player
- Take your rest.
- Be at ease.
- Memory dies
- Even the darkest memory fades when confronted.
- Excellent work!
- Paletress is voiced by Patty Mattson.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.