|The subject of this article was removed in patch 4.0.1 but remains in World of Warcraft: Classic.
Becoming an armorsmith
Please note the only requirement to become an Armorsmith is to complete (for which one can simply purchase the required items). The rest of this article describes the Mithril Order quest chain, which is the only way to learn how to craft those required items. While it makes sense to do both, you can do either without the other.
In capital city
- At level 40 and BS skill above 199, tell Myolor Sunderfury in Ironforge or Krathok Moltenfist in Orgrimmar you want to be an Armorsmith.
- Then seek out the nearby faction armorsmith trainer:
- The quest requires 4 Ornate Mithril Helms, 2 , and 1 . The training to create these items is the quest rewards from the Mithril Order quest chain:
- Alliance: Hank the Hammer in Stormwind will give you (requires BS 210). When you give Hank the 6 , he will give you and then , and send you off to McGavan in Booty Bay.
- Horde: Aturk the Anvil in Orgrimmar will give you . When you give Aturk the 4 Steel Breastplates and 4 Steel Plate Helms, you will be able to speak to Ox, who will give you and send you off to McGavan in Booty Bay.
- The next phase requires the following, so you may want to hit your local AH before heading to Booty Bay:
- Outside the Booty Bay smithy, McGavan will give you and direct you to see Galvan the Ancient out in Stranglethorn Vale. He has a small camp north of the Mosh'Ogg Ogre mound.
- Galvan will offer you three quests:
- After you complete any one of those quests, Galvan will give you (where you journey to Gadgetzan to see Trenton Lighthammer), but don't leave yet; you will need all three quest rewards in Gadgetzan.
- After you complete all three of those quests, Galvan will offer you (which is not required for the rest of the chain). Watch Galvan pound away at metal and see a true master at work. When he is done, he will give you the , which summons the .
- If your BS is below 235, craft the items you will need in Gadgetzan to help you level. The closest trainer is Brikk Keencraft, at the smithy in Booty Bay. Make sure you learn through Heavy Mithril Boots before going to Gadgetzan, as there is no BS trainer there.
BS level Items Most efficient crafting order 220 Ornate Mithril Pants, Gloves 225 Ornate Mithril Shoulder 230 Heavy Mithril Breastplate, Coif 235 Heavy Mithril Boots
- Very Important Note: Trent will accept soulbound gear, so you can equip and use any of these items until you are ready to turn them in.
- Trent will give you three quests as well. The gear you learn to craft here are the objectives for the quest to become a Master Armorsmith. Note that Trent trains you directly rather than giving you plans.
- When you complete Trenton's three quests, he will give you one final quest, , for which he crafts and gives you a .
Back in capital city
- You can now make all the gear needed to become an Armorsmith, so return to the city and start making the 4 Ornate Mithril Helms, 2 Ornate Mithril Boots, and 1 Ornate Mithril Breastplate.
- Complete the original quest by handing in your products to either Grumnus Steelshaper or Okothos Ironrager and you will become an Armorsmith!
The complete list of materials required to craft all the armor pieces to become an Armorsmith is:
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.