|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
|Aspect of the Viper|
- Vipers may appear sluggish, but they can lash out with deadly speed and precision.
Aspect of the Viper caused ranged attacks to regenerate mana but reduced total damage done by 50%. Mana gained was based on the speed of your ranged weapon. Only one Aspect could be active at one time. If wearing at least two pieces of Gronnstalker's Armor, this Aspect also provided a passive effect of 5% of your Intellect in addition to the active regeneration.
- Enabled the Hunter to very quickly regenerate mana after running out, at the cost of half of their damage (both ranged and melee).
- Stacked with equipment and items consisting of +mana every 5 seconds bonuses.
- Could be used as a "throttling" mechanism in aggro-sensitive situations, such as when training a new, lower-leveled pet.
- Greatly reduced damage output.
Mana Regeneration Formula
Aspect of the Viper caused each ranged attack (including the initial application of , all three charges of , all three missiles of , but not including the ticks of Serpent Sting or the damage of ) to generate a percentage of the Hunter's maximum mana.
After extensive testing it was found that the percentage of mana returned was always between 3.07 and 3.08 percent when is equipped. 3.075 percent is a good number to use for better accuracy in determining how long it would take to regenerate a player's mana pool.
To find the amount of mana each shot will return the following formula should be used:
Mana Return = Base Mana * 0.03075
For example; if your base mana was 10,000 then you would be regenerating 307.5 mana per shot, rounded up to 308 for some shots and rounded down to 307 for others.
307.5 = 10,000 * 0.03075
Determining the time it would take you regenerate your mana pool is important in deciding between leather armor with no intellect or mail armor with intellect. The less time you were using Aspect of the Viper the more DPS you would be doing.
- This would greatly reduce your downtime and save quite a bit of money since you don't have to buy water.
- Does not affect any damage done by your vehicles, so could be safely used in Mounted Combat.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed due to Hunter class redesign, replacing mana with focus.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged attacks to regenerate mana but reducing total damage done by 50%. Mana is gained based on ranged weapons speed.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): This ability now grants an additional amount of mana each 5 seconds equal to 35% of the hunter's level.
- (24.5 mp5 at lvl70)
- (24.5 mp5 at lvl70)
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): Effect increased.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): This ability has received a slight redesign. The amount of mana regained will increase as the Hunter’s percentage of mana remaining decreases. At about 60% mana, it is equivalent to the previous version of Aspect of the Viper. Below that margin, it is better (up to twice as much mana as the old version); while above that margin, it will be less effective. The mana regained never drops below 10% of intellect every 5 sec. or goes above 50% of intellect every 5 sec.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.