|Assault on Zan'vess|
|Location||Zan'vess, Dread Wastes|
|End boss||Commander Tel'vrak|
- 1 Description
- 2 Background
- 3 Overview
- 4 Geography
- 5 Notable NPCs
- 6 Stage guide
- 7 Achievements
- 8 Notes
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Video
- 11 Patch changes
- 12 References
- 13 External links
Break the defenses of Zan'vess and recover the invaluable Mantid weapons.
- You can't step on these bugs.
The mighty amber trees of the Dread Wastes have long been a crucial part of Mantid society; the Mantid farm and harvest the tissue of these trees, which they use to build structures throughout the Wastes. One of the greatest and largest of these trees, Zan’vess, towers over the small ridges south of the Briny Muck – and its imminent sha corruption endangers not only the local Mantid who rely upon it, but all those they might attack in their resulting madness.
To end the threat, you’ll need to take to the skies, destroying the wavering energy fields that protect the great tree while being blasted by the mantid’s natural defenses. After your aerial assault, you’ll break through insectoid monstrosities and battle to the tree on foot, where you’ll fight face to mandible with the mantid guardians who’ve dedicated their very lives to Zan’vess’s protection.
According to Rear Admiral Zigg, this island contains the last remaining forces of Grand Empress Shek'zeer that are protecting a large weapons cache that Garrosh would like to retrieve for the Horde. Coincidentally, Sky Admiral Rogers would like to prevent that from happening by confiscating the cache first.
Starting from the ship adventurers arrive on, The Skyfire for Alliance and a warship for the Horde, they must take down the shields protecting the island. Alliance take to the skies with the Skyfire Gyrocopters while the Horde board Kor'kron Gunships and using their onboard rockets they must destroy the crystals that empower the shields.
After the shields are taken out the adventurers land on the north side of the island and begin their assault on foot, where they will eventually enter the Heart of Zan'vess. It's here Commander Tel'vrak protects the cache of weapons being stored here.
|The Briny Muck · Heart of Zan'vess · Kyparite Quarry · Venomsting Pits · Whispering Stones|
- Tinkmaster Overspark <Chief Architect of Gnomish Engineering>
- Mishka <SI: 7>
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary <SI: 7>
- Rear Admiral Zigg
- Chief Sapper Glint
- Nalley <Gallery Chef>
Stage 1: Assault on Zan'vess
- Launch an assault on the island of Zan'vess.
Stage 2: Defenses of Zan'vess
- Destroy the Sonic Towers and deactivate the Zan'vess Defense Shield.
Stage 3: The Heart of Zan'vess
- Storm the beach and reach the Heart of Zan'vess.
Final Stage: Weapons of Zan'vess
- Defeat Commander Tel'vrak and retrieve the Mantid weapon cache.
Landing on the Skyfire
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: Just in time, <name>! We need your help!
Sully "The Pickle" McLeary is found on an emergency vessel on the side of the Skyfire. From here, he is shooting at the mantid below.
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary yells: That was easy!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary yells: Like shootin' fish in a barrel!
- Sully "The Pickle" McLeary yells: Locked and loaded!
Much to the chagrin of Mishka
- Mishka yells: Get down from there Sully!
- Mishka yells: I hope you fall into the muck again, Sully!
Speak to Sky Admiral Rogers
- The situation is dire, <name>.
- The Horde are after a cache of mantid weapons near the Heart of Zan'vess. I don't know what they intend to do with them but I'm not about to wait around and find out.
- I need you to get through the shield that enshrouds the island and secure those weapons before the horde does. Take a gyrocopter and head out to the island. I'll send further orders while you are en route.
Piloting one of the Skyfire Gyrocopters, Sky Admiral Rogers will brief you
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: <Static> Come in, <name>, this is Sky Admiral Rogers.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: The whole island is protected by a sonic shield, <name>.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: My scouts report that the shield is maintained by several generators around the island.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: I need you to take them out before the horde overrun us.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: You're approaching the first towers now! Take them out!
You are flown to the Kyparite Quarry where you will come under fire occasionally.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: They've got a lock on you! Shields! SHIELDS!
- Use Force Shield to block Guided Missiles.
If you get hit...
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: You're hit! We're losing your signal!
- You were hit! Weapons temporarily disabled!
Blocking the attacks
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: Nice one, <name>! That was close.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: Those Mantid are protecting the towers, <name>. Take them out or we won't be able to land any shots.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: I'm sending you the coordinates of the next towers now.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: Those scorpid are moving the towers! Take them out!
Clear the last camp and you'll be flown back to the Briny Muck.
- Sky Admiral Rogers yells: The shield is down! Quickly get to the beachhead!
Making landfall on Zan'vess, it becomes apparent that the Kor'kron got here first. With the Stafing Run ability, you can call on airsupport from the Skyfire. Defeat or sneak past groups of Kor'kron Infiltrators and Kor'kron Priests in order to get to Squad Leader Bosh. In the immedate surroundings, the Kor'kron are seen fighting off Zan'thik Slashers and Zan'thik Brutalizers.
At this point, the rest of the island can be explored, although you will find nothing left alive in the areas you passed in the gyrocopter. Countless corpses of both Alliance and Horde troops, as well as of the defending Zan'thik mantid.
- Commander Tel'vrak yells: Zan'vess will never fall!
Please add any available information to this section.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.