- Those who oppose the shield must yield.
Avenger's Shield is a level 10 Protection paladin ability. It is a ranged attack that will jump to an additional nearby target, interrupting and silencing them for a short duration.
- Avenger's Shield is a reference to the famous shield wielded by the Marvel Comics superhero Captain America, who is a member of the Avengers.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-11-01): "Silencing an enemy with Avenger's Shield now activates Sephuz's Secret."
- Hotfix (2016-09-16): "(Hotfix in testing; to be applied with next weekly maintenance) Most abilities used by Tank specializations have had their damage reduced by 10%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer silences player targets. Damage increased by 159%.
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Avenger’s Shield damage increased by 30%."
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Avenger's Shield now deals 50% more damage."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Can no longer be blocked.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now a specialization for protection paladins.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- No longer has a minimum range. It may be used on any target within 30 yards.
- The damage portion of this ability will now be applied even if the victim is immune to snare.