|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
|Requirements||One-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Axes, Fist Weapons or unarmed|
- For the former warrior talent, see .
Axe Specialization is an orc racial trait that grants an expertise bonus while using axes or fist weapons. When dual wielding different types of weapons, Axe Specialization is applied to each weapon individually, so that if you dual wield an axe and a sword, only attacks made with the axe benefit from Axe Specialization. If you instead dual wield an axe and a fist weapon, all of your attacks will benefit from Axe Specialization. For attacks that only use the mainhand weapon, such as a rogue's , only your mainhand expertise matters.
While wielding either a One-Handed Axe, Wand or Fist weapon in the Main hand, or a Two-Handed Axe, this racial also grants 1% spell hit. Dual wielding axes, or Fist weapons or any combination of the two will only grant 1% spell hit, as the racial expertise from the Off-hand weapon will not grant spell hit.
- Since the bonus is 'raw' expertise and not rating, it will grant the same bonus regardless of the level of the player.
- This expertise stacks with expertise gained from other sources, limited only by the expertise cap.
- As fist weapons use the unarmed skill, Axe Specialization works when you are unarmed as well. This is worth keeping in mind when looking at a character's naked stats, since a naked orc gains the 1% expertise while unarmed.
- Equipping a Wand will also grant 1% expertise. This is only relevant for Orc Mages and Warlocks who equip wands, as the expertise translates to spell hit.
- Expertise also grants spell hit. Expertise from racial weapon specializations will grant spell hit as long as the specialized weapon is not wielded in the Off-hand.