Axebeaks (previously known as toucans) are birds native to Draenor and Azeroth. They can mainly be found in Tanaan Jungle and the jungle areas of Gorgrond. They appear to be omnivorous, as Bloodthirsty Axebeaks can be seen eating off of the corpses of dead Bleeding Hollow Savages in Tanaan.
The edges of their beaks are particularly sharp. The colorful plumage from the junglebeaks are highly sought after by collectors. It is rumored that wearing these feathers will bring you good luck. The ancient tribes of Draenor were known to harvest the bloodbeaks' sharp beaks for crude tools and weapons.
- Blighted Axebeak
- Bloodthirsty Axebeak
- Canopy Axebeak
- Greater Axebeak
- Highlands Axebeak
- Jungle Axebeak
- Putrid Axebeak
- Vibrant Axebeak
- Wandering Axebeak
- Yellowfeather Axebeak
As a companion pet
- can be crafted by Engineers.
- hatches from the Wiggling Egg treasure in Grom'gar after 3 days.
- Junglebeaks and Axebeak Hatchlings can both be captured in pet battles in Gorgrond.
- Bloodbeaks can be captured in pet battles in Tanaan Jungle.
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Birds of prey
- Axebeaks are obviously based on real-world toucans.
- Their axe-shaped beaks might have been inspired by the dodo creature concept.