- Northshear Abbey, Trade District, Stormwind City – Northern part of the district.
- The Commons, Ironforge – Right side of the passageway heading to Mystic Ward.
- Nip and Tusk, Orgrimmar – North of the tunnel heading to Valley of Spirits, south of Valley of Wisdom.
- Trade Quarter, Undercity – Upper level, near the eastern elevator.
- Dalaran – Between Sunreaver's Sanctuary and the northern bank (same location in all versions of Dalaran).
- Area 52, Netherstorm – Southwestern part of the town.
- Cosmowrench, Netherstorm – A single chair in the only building (no npc).
- Harbor Barber, Boralus – Just north of Dampwick Ward (next to raid boss target dummy).
- Hide or Hair, Dazar'alor – In the Grand Bazaar.
- Hall of Curiosities, Oribos
- Main article: Barbershop interface
Every race and gender has a selection of multiple choices that are race and gender-exclusive options. Hero class characters have a number of options that are exclusive to those classes.
- Changing your hairstyle will complete the achievement .
- The cost of changes in the barbershop varies by the character's level, ranging from a couple silver for a low-level player to above 10 gold for a max-level player depending on the changes.
- Level 1 characters can change hairstyles for free, assuming you skip all the starting quests and go straight to the barber.
- Very few of the hairstyles added in Wrath of the Lich King were actually new. They were taken from and added to different races and genders.
- Prior to Cataclysm the barber in Stormwind was a goblin Sween Neetod who was replaced by Jelinek Sharpshear a gnome.
- At least one member of the Blizzard team is rooting for a specific hairstyle. Bornakk wants mohawks for every race, both male and female. He not only wants mohawks, he wants huge mohawks.
- Prior to Shadowlands Druids change of hair/skin color changed their bear and cat form color combinations.
- When at a barbershop, you automatically wear a .
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): New unlockable skin color customization option with black eyes for night elves.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): New visual customization options for individual races: new straight back posture for male orcs and new face options with golden eyes for blood elves.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Players can now use the barbershop to choose new faces for their characters.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Additional new hairstyles have been added for some races/genders.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Tauren now have the option of changing skin tone by visiting the Barber Shop.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.