or or |
Mount a Vermillion Vanguard. Slay 8 Twilight Shadowdrakes.
Alexstrasza and Deathwing have taken into the skies over Grim Batol! Her plan unravels - the Dragon Queen is outside the Circle of Life she prepared earlier. We'll need to support her with everything we've got.
Hurry! Climb aboard one of the Vermillion Vanguard behind me.
If we find any Twilight Drakes aiding Deathwing, we will need to kill them off. Mount up, quickly!
Thanks to your quick action, the Dragon Queen still lives. She is being brought back to Wyrmrest to recover.
But the battle wasn't a complete failure. Deathwing was gravely wounded. I suspect he will go into hiding to recuperate. Alexstrasza has bought us time to strike!
Hop on one of the vanguard. It has the following abilities:
- Fireblast 60 yd range — Blasts a Twilight Shadowdrake for fire damage. 1 sec cast
- Lifebinder's Boon 60 yd range — Heals both yourself and a targeted Vermillion Vanguard for six seconds. Also restores mana. Channeled
- Finishing Strike 30 yd range — Dives at a weakened Twilight Shadowdrake, tearing out its throat and finishing it. Instant
It, and Calen, will take a flight to the peak of Grim Batol:
- Calen says: Don't let them out of sight! Quickly - come with me!
- The battle is about to begin!
- Use Your Fire Blast to incinerate Twilight Shadowdrakes.
- When your enemies are weak, tear them from the sky with your Finishing Strike!
- Your Lifebinder Boon will heal others while restoring your health and mana.
The player regains control near the aerial battlefield. Shadowdrakes and Vermillion drakes are circling the peak, around Deathwing and Alexstrasza, who have locked claws:
- Alexstrasza says: Neltharion! Look at yourself. Misshapen. Twisted. You're coming apart.
- Deathwing says: Just as all life ends in death ... all order must end in chaos ... Come! Embrace the inevitable, as I have!
Kill eight. It will take one Fireblast and either another blast or a Finishing Strike to kill each drake.
A cutscene begins upon the death of the eighth drake:
- The camera looks up at Deathwing and Alexstrasza, who are falling!
- Calen says: There - they've fallen!
- They fall out of frame and the camera tilts down to see Alexstrasza in a crumpled heap in her humanoid form on the ground. Calen and the player speed to Alexstrasza and kneel over her. Deathwing falls in the background over the side of the cliff down into the Wetlands.
- Alexstrasza says: The Earth Warder... he is dead.
- Calen says: Mother, stay still. Your wounds are great.
- Alexstrasza says: The black aspect's blood is cursed. Wherever it was shed - nothing will grow for ten thousand years.
- Alexstrasza groans in agony as flames appear in the background near the edge of the cliff.
- Alexstrasza says: But it is over. We can work now to bottle up the horrors he has unleashed.
- Deathwing flies out of the flames toward Alexstrasza, Calen and the player.
- Calen says: Deathwing - he lives!
- Shocked enough to move in her grievously wounded state, Alexstrasza gets up on to her side to look at Deathwing in horror. Deathwing lands not far from the group, glaring at the two reds and the player.
- Alexstrasza says: Impossible!
- Calen says: Mortal, take the dragon queen. Carry her to safety. Now! RUN! Get her away from here!
- Calen says: I will delay the Aspect of Death. Take her to safety. GO!
- Alexstrasza says: Calen, no!
- A vermillion vanguard flies in. The player snags Alexstrasza, still in her humanoid form, places her on the vanguard's back, then hops on as well. The vanguard takes off to safety, flying out of frame behind the camera. Calen shifts back to dragon form and attempts to distract Deathwing by firing a few potshots at him. Although Caelestrasz is large by mortal standards, he is still smaller than Deathwing, who doesn't flinch from the fireballs. They both fly out of frame too in the same direction that the player and Alexstrasza took (maybe slightly more southward).
- Deathwing says: The sun has set on this mortal world, fools. Make peace with your end, for the hour of Twilight falls.
Speak to Calen again once the cutscene concludes to continue.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.