He first joined Blizzard Entertainment in 2003 as a tester on Warcraft III, followed by a position in quality assurance on World of Warcraft. He later became part of Blizzard's Creative Development department, and was in charge of licensed products. Brode then joined the Hearthstone team and became Lead Designer, before becoming Game Director in 2016. He left Blizzard on April 20, 2018 in order to help start a new company. This company was later revealed as the game studio Second Dinner, with Brode as Chief Creative Officer.
- He is referenced in World of Warcraft by the NPC Benjamin Brode who wanders around players' garrisons and sells Hearthstone-related toys, by the NPC Ben of the Booming Voice as Brode is known for his hearty laugh, for sporting a red, chequered shirt, and for playing a monk, and by the .
- Brode plays World of Warcraft, his main being a Brewmaster monk. He has also mentioned playing a lot of Heroes of the Storm. Brode has all the mounts from the Argent Tournament.
- ^ 2016-12-06, Ben Brode is the Game Director for Hearthstone. Blizzpro, retrieved on 2016-12-08
- ^ Blizzard Press Center
- ^ Ben Brode 2018-04-20. A message from Ben Brode. Blizzard Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2018-04-21. Retrieved on 2018-04-20.
- ^ Ben Brode Twitter description. Retrieved on 2018-07-12. “Chief Creative Officer at @SecondDinner. Previously Hearthstone Game Director @ Blizzard.”
- ^ Ben Brode on Twitter
- ^ Ben Brode on Twitter (2015-06-16).
- ^ Ben Brode on Twitter (2015-09-29).