- For the pet battle ability, see [Bite]. For the Gilneas subzone, see The Bite.
- Hunter pet ability
- 5 yd range
- 25 Focus
- Bite the enemy, causing [(1.5 * (Ranged attack power * 0.333))] damage. Deals 100% more damage and costs 100% more Focus when your pet has 50 or more Focus.
Basilisk, Bat, Beetle, Boar, Carrion Bird, Chimaera, Core Hound, Crocolisk, Devilsaur, Direhorn, Dog, Dragonhawk, Fox, Hyena, Hydra, Nether Ray, Quilen, Ravager, Riverbeast, Rylak, Serpent, Shale Spider, Spider, Turtle, Warp Stalker, Water Strider, Wind Serpent, Wolf, Worm|
Bite is one of the updated pet abilities that most hunter pets can use, and if not they'll use either [Claw] or [Smack]. It scales with attack power.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-05-29): Pets will now correctly auto-cast Bite, Claw, and Smack again.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): When pet has at least 50 Focus, will now consume 50 Focus for 100% more damage.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14):
- Bite now has no cooldown, does the same damage and costs the same Focus as Claw, so works as a Focus dump.
- Every hunter pet can learn either Bite or Claw (never both).
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Bite tooltip now lists the damage that is dealt when the pet is content. Actual damage is unchanged.