The Black Market Auction House allows players to bid on special items that are not normally sold by NPCs. Run by Madam Goya, she was originally located at the Black Market, near the Tavern in the Mists on the Veiled Stair of Pandaria, before relocating to the Underbelly in Dalaran. Another auctioneer, Ta'xera, is found at the Night Market in southern Revendreth. Regardless of which NPC players use, only max-level players can access the auction house.
How it works
Instead of buying items from other players like the regular Auction House, items on the Black Market are generated and listed by NPCs. The items are listed for one day only. The items for sale vary from items that were made unobtainable, to rare drops and TCG items. All items are listed infrequently, so it should not be seen as a reliable way to farm rarities.
Bidding works like the regular Auction House. There is no buyout price. The sky (or the gold cap) is the limit when competing with other players for the final bid. With a successful purchase, the item is sent in the mail. Normal Bind on Pickup rules apply, so you must bid on the correct character.
The supply of items is realm-based. Each realm will have different items for sale at any one time and prices are likely to vary wildly from server to server.
If empty, the item window will list "There are no items at this time. Please check back later."
Items for sale
These are items that may appear for sale. There may be more items which, due to the random nature of listings, have not been seen yet.
- Tier 3 armor pieces
- Redemption/TCG pets:
- Vendor pets: (note that the bidding price starts at a value vastly more than the actual vendor price)
- Redemption/TCG mounts:
Most auctions are posted by various well-known NPCs, depending on the item type:
- Breanni from Warcraft Pets sells all the Argent Tournament pets.
- Dran Droffers and Malton Droffers of <Droffers and Son Salvage> in Orgrimmar list many Tier 3 pieces.
- Fargo Flintlocke sells his blast hammer; .
- Jasper Fel, a Stormwind City poison vendor, sells Druid Tier 3.
- Landro Longshot, the NPC who redeems TCG codes in Booty Bay, sells TCG items.
- Quincy Cutler, a Stormwind bartender wearing a top hat and tux with shorts and flipflops, sells some Tier 3.
- Mei Francis, a Dalaran vendor who sells exotic mounts, as well as the mailer behind and , sells various mounts.
- Wodin the Troll-Servant from the Ring of Blood sells Zena's kittens.
- Elusive goblin leader Trade Prince Gallywix sells crafting patterns.
- Caladis Brightspear sells the .
- Sig Nicious sells his own guitar; .
- Bergrisst, the Undead guitarist for the Tauren Chieftains, sells his own instrument the .
- Zunji the Knife, Four-Fingered Fong, and Nexus-Prince Haramad also sell items.
- Madam Goya sells the WoD version of the along with some rare drops.
- Silas Darkmoon sells a .
- Peripatetic Chou Li sells ilvl 509 heroic items.
- Gnok the Inept, another reference to Gonktarget of the Knog's Bow of Ineptitude weapon series, sells Mythic Blackrock Foundry gear.
- San Redscale sells a .
In patch 6.2.0, a representative of the black market auction house was introduced, Zhang Yeoh will become a resident of the player's garrison upon completing , which comes from rewarded from the shipyard mission Black Market Journal. She allows the player to browse the current active auctions, but no bids can be placed.
As an organization
- Madam Goya (leader)
- Madam Gosu (liaison)
- Zhang Yeoh (representative)
- Exchange Guard
- Black Market Guard
- Sylvester (blingtron liaison)
- Black Market (Veiled Stair)
- Ring of Blood (alternate universe), Draenor
- Underbelly, Black Market, Dalaran (Broken Isles)
- Veiled Stair, Pandaria
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Max level is now required to access the Black Market Auction House.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Relocated to the Underbelly in Dalaran at the Broken Isles.
- Hotfix (2015-12-09): Black Market Auction House should now have a chance to offer items from Warlords Season 3 instead of Season 2.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.