Blackrock and Roll (WC3 Human)
|Blackrock and Roll|
|Location||South of Strahnbrad|
|Previous||The Defense of Strahnbrad|
|Next||Ravages of the Plague|
- 1 Loading screen
- 2 Creeps
- 3 Critters
- 4 Villagers
- 5 Summary
- 6 Quests
- 7 Transcript
- 8 Forces
- 9 Guide
- 10 Notes and trivia
- 11 External links
Twenty minutes later, at Uther's encampment near the Blackrock clan village...
- 3 Gnolls
- 3 Gnoll Poachers
- 1 Gnoll Warden
- 10 Murloc Tiderunners
- 1 Murloc Huntsman
- 1 Murloc Nightcrawler
- 2 Ogre Warriors
- 1 Ogre Magi
Uther Lightbringer and Arthas Menethil move against the Blackrock clan of orcs, who have recently captured citizens from Strahnbrad. Though they quickly build a base and recruit riflemen from smith and enchanter Feranor Steeltoe, Uther and Arthas arrive too late to save the villagers who were just sacrificed to the Burning Legion by orcs who have re-embraced their demon worshiping.
Arthas leads an assault against the Blackrock encampment, slaying every orc there. His vengeful fury foreshadows his coming descent into madness. After destroying the encampment, he defeated Blademaster.
- Construct a Barracks
- Construct Two Farms
- Train Six Footmen
To ensure that the Orc threat is dealt with effectively, you must establish a base camp and bolster your forces. Only when the camp is prepared can be the area be considered properly garrisoned.
- Defeat the Blademaster
The Blackrock clan appears to have re-embraced its Demon-worshipping heritage. Slay the clan's evil Blademaster before he has the chance to commune with his Demon masters!
- Slay Searinox, the Black Dragon
- Bring the Heart of Searinox to Feranor Steeltoe
The rogue Black Dragon, Searinox, has been ravaging the local farmsteads for weeks. The Dwarven hunters, who have come to claim the Dragon's heart, report that the gargantuan beast has fled back to his lair and may be vulnerable to a surprise attack.
- Arthas arrives at Uther's encampment.
- Uther the Lightbringer: Ah, good timing, lad. I sent two of my best knights in to parley with the orc leader. They should be returning shortly.
- Two horses arrive at the encampment without knights on them.
- Uther the Lightbringer: Damn. These orcs will never surrender.
- Arthas: Then let's get in there and destroy the beasts!
- Uther the Lightbringer: Remember, Arthas, we are paladins. Vengeance cannot be a part of what we must do. If we allow our passions to turn to bloodlust, then we will become as vile as the orcs.
- Arthas: Yes, Uther.
- Uther the Lightbringer: Now, if you're feeling up to it, I want you to lead the attack.
- Arthas: Me? Well, of course!
- Uther the Lightbringer: I'll remain here and ensure that none of the loathsome beasts threaten the camp.
- Arthas: I won't fail you.
- Uther the Lightbringer: I know you won't, lad.
During the mission
- The Blademaster of the Blackrock Clan arrives at the entrance to Uther's camp.
- Paladin fool! The warlocks of the Blackrock clan have spoken! Soon, demons will rain from the sky, and this wretched world will burn! Blademaster of Blackrock Clan:
- Uther the Lightbringer: Yes, I've heard this rhetoric before. You orcs will never learn!
- Uther attacks the Blademaster, but he dissipates into thin air.
- mirror image. Damn it, what are these curs up to? Uther the Lightbringer: It was only a
- The screen moves to the Blademaster's lair, where the orc is keeping two Villagers and a Footman captive.
- Blademaster: The hour of doom approaches! Let this paltry sacrifice appease our demon masters!
- Unlucky Footman: You sick bastards! You'll never get away with--
- The Blademaster kills the humans.
- Arthas: Slay the orcs! Slay them all!
- Feranor Steeltoe: Well met, good human! Have you come to join in our hunt?
- Arthas: What are you dwarves hunting in this region?
- Feranor Steeltoe: We're hunting black drakes. It's said that drakes' blood can bestow fiery enchantments upon weapons.
- Arthas: The fiery enchantments you seek could prove useful.
- Feranor Steeltoe: The name of the beast we're hunting is Searinox. With your aid, the monster won't stand a chance!
- Searinox: You dare challenge me? You mortals become more reckless with every generation!
- Arthas: Let's bring this heart back to the dwarves.
- Feranor Steeltoe: Now, I will reforge your weapons to strike with searing heat!
- Uther the Lightbringer: You've done well, lad. This was a sound victory.
- Arthas: I don't know, Uther. The orcs were sacrificing townsfolk. I think they were trying to summon demons.
- Uther the Lightbringer: Have faith, lad. These orcs are trying to hold on to dying traditions. We defeated their demons a long time ago. Let's head for home. It's been a long day.
As you start, get Arthas to go to the mortar team, who will give you 4 riflemen and a blacksmith for free. It is optional, and not necessarily when making a speed run, that you kill the dragon. Get a rifleman to destroy one of the crates at your base, as it drops a hidden treasure. Make the farms near those crates and the barracks right there. Put about 5 peasants to work on the gold mine and 3 to carry lumber. Your footmen should be made fast. Upgrade your towers meanwhile to help Uther, and get Arthas to help him too. When ready for a direct offensive, go to the fire pit, kill the troll and the orc, move further to the Blademaster, kill the guards, and kill him while tracking him, as he will create clones.
Notes and trivia
- The Gnoll Warden, the three Ogres and a few Murlocs are actually hidden in areas that are blocked by trees. These areas can be accessed by harvesting or attacking the trees with your Peasants. The three ogres can be found on the left side of the map, past the murloc village, and the Ogre Magi will drop Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3. The Gnoll Warden can be found by harvesting or attacking trees directly to the left of the cliffs of the sub-area where Searinox lives, and he will drop a Wand of Negation. The murlocs can be found in the top right corner near the trees that spell "ACC", but won't drop any notable loot.
- In Reforged, the trees are not present, and the units can easily reach the mobs.
- The initials "ACC" can be found near the right side of the map. This was an Easter egg that originally appeared in the game Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2. In the upper left corner of the map lies "TC", which may be the abbreviation of Tim Campbell, one of the designers of Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and also one of the campaign design & layout of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
- Originally, among the enemy units that could be fought against were jungle troll headhunters. That was not compatible with their lore, and as such they were replaced in Reforged by forest troll axethrowers.