Blacksmithing Plans are also static items found within Blackrock Depths and Stratholme, that teach particular blacksmithing recipes. If a blacksmith with 300 skill opens them, they can loot that recipe to learn it. Once all possible plans in the instance have been learned, they will no longer become interactable.
The Plans were once interactable by anyone, but if someone else opened them, they gained nothing and the plans disappeared.
Using the plans found in Blackrock Depths does not spawn a mob.
- Inside the room on the other side of Commander Gor'shak's cell wall in the Detention Block, on a workbench
- In the Black Vault, on a table
- In the East Garrison, an empty bunk alcove in the corner
- In the West Garrison just prior to the Manufactory, on a mess hall table by the three kegs
- In the West Garrison, an empty bunk alcove east of General Angerforge
- In the Manufactory, on a workbench near the exit hall toward the Grim Guzzler
- Between two oil drums to the left of Golem Lord Argelmach
- On the ground by the entrance into the Mold Foundry
- Stratholme Service Entrance
is found near the second Ziggurat, and can be looted by a blacksmith with 290 skill and on the quest . Taking them spawns the Black Guard Swordsmith mob.
The Black Guard Swordsmith was needed to complete the quest in the process of gaining the swordsmithing sub-specialization.
- Stratholme Main Gate
- Apprentice blacksmithing plans
- Journeyman blacksmithing plans
- Expert blacksmithing plans
- Artisan blacksmithing plans
- Master blacksmithing plans
- Grand Master blacksmithing plans
- as well as