- Go to the marked location in Tirisfal Glades
- Stop the Ritual and acquire the Blade
- Return to Alonsus and Moira
Moira's double agent informs us a new leader is rising, and plans to cement his ascension by using this weapon in an unholy ritual. You must find him, stop the ritual, and seize the artifact.
We will meet in Dalaran afterwards.
- 22,600 XP
You have demonstrated no small amount of skill in these sorts of tasks.
That is good, for we will require even more of you if we are to survive this conflict.
- Alonsus Faol says: The blade was taken somewhere in northwestern Tirisfal. I've marked a location on your map where you can begin your search.
Low-level characters are given . Head to the far western edge of Tirisfal, in the mountains west of Deathknell. At Tyr's Fall, the Twilight's Hammer have set up a small camp, inhabited by Twilight Bladetwisters and Twilight Shadowcasters. A Greater Void Ravener is floating in the middle of the camp. When you arrive at the area, you are automatically placed in a single-player scenario.
Stage 1: The Twilight Camp
- The Twilight's Hammer has set up[sic] a temporary camp up here. Investigate the camp for clues.
- Find the first clue.
- Find the second clue.
- Find the third clue.
Slaghammer's Notes: The New Leader, the first clue, is found in a wagon in the southern end of the camp.
Slaghammer's Notes: Tyr's Fall, the second clue, is sitting on top of a crate inside the tent in the norhtwestern part of the camp.
Slaghammer's Notes: Xal'atath, the Blade of the Black Empire, the third clue, is sitting on top of a larger crate in the northeastern part of the camp, near the water.
Stage 2: Raiding the Tomb Raiders
- The cultists have entered a tomb complex at the bottom of the lake. The ritual must be happening in there.
- Enter the tomb at the bottom of the lake.
Stage 3: The Desecrated Tomb
- The cultists have breached the tomb of an ancient titan keeper! Slay the guards and open the way into the complex.
- Defeat the guards at the door to gain access.
- Twilight Shadowcaster yells: Master Slaghammer! We have an intruder!
- Shadowlord Slaghammer yells: Excellent! I was expecting <'im/'er>, but I don't think you were...
- Twilight Shadowcaster yells: What?! You traitor!
A Bladetwister and Shadowcaster are guarding the entrance, but by the time you get out of the water Slaghammer has already begun fighting them. After helping him defeat the cultists, he says the following:
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: Moira said ye'd be comin'. I'm Slaghammer, payin' me family debt by hangin' oot wi' these buggers. Lemme take down this barrier.
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: Th' Shadow Deacon is already below startin' his ritual. Ta get there, we'll need ta do a bit o' work. If ye have any questions lemme know, but we best hurry!
Stage 4: The Tomb of Tyr
- Slaghammer knows the ritual is further inside. Enter the tomb room and deal with the cultists.
- Enter the Tomb of Tyr.
Stage 5: Reconsecration
- Cultists are dampening the holy wards of the tomb. Dispel their defenses and kill the ritualists to break the barrier.
- Stop the dampening rituals (4)
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: These buggers are suppressin' Tyr's wards so the Deacon can do his work below. We need ta take 'em down! Start by dispellin' the wards on the ritualists!
Four Twilight Ritualists are channeling dark energy into four wards spread around the central platform of the tomb. Killing them will cause the dark energy they're channeling to explode, causing packs of Flesh Spawn to appear. After killing all four, the floor of the chamber becomes covered with shadow energy and Amassing Darkness, an elite voidwraith, appears on the central platform and begins channeling "Armageddon".
Stage 6: Don't Fear the Reaper
- The ritual has been thwarted but the void energy remains! Defeat it!
- Defeat the Amassing Darkness
- The ritual is interrupted and a dark energy amasses!
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: A trap! Destroy the creature before it kills us!
- Amassing Darkness says: Eliminate... alll... life...
You can either choose to kill the Amassing Darkness, or simply to let it finish channeling Armageddon, which will deal around 15% of your health in damage and knock you backwards while also killing the voidwraith in the process.
Stage 7: Dark Passage
- The way is open to the prison. Continue down the unsealed passage to whatever waits below.
- Fight to the prison chamber.
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: There we go! The path to the prison should be ope... Well, if it ain't me old friend! We'd be doin' the world a favor riddin' it o' this baddie!
The entrance into the Darkwalk has opened, but Borgoth the Master Reaver and a Twilight Bladetwister have emerged to hinder your passage. After killing them, continue down into the Darkwalk, which is inhabited by another pack of Flesh Spawn and another Twilight Bladetwister. A round chamber about halfway down the passage is filled with Void Tendrils, which elicits the following comment from Slaghammer:
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: More o' the Deacon's mind games. We could 'em or just fight through, but I would'na get too close!
After dispelling or defeating the tendrils, proceed into the final chamber: the Grave-Prison of Zakajz. When you enter the area, a short cutscene begins.
- The Shadow Deacon, revealed as Twilight Deacon Farthing, is standing in front of the corpse of Zakajz the Corruptor with in hand.
- Yes... the Blade is right! I am unstoppable! Once Zakajz lives again, I will hold dominion over this world!
- Our old leaders chose to work with pawns. I choose the REAL power!
Stage 8: Death to the Deacon
- The Twilight Deacon is trying to bring the killer of Tyr back to life! Stop him!
- Kill the Twilight Deacon
Two faceless ones, a Faceless Corrupter and Faceless Guardian appear to the left and right sides of Farthing. As you begin to walk into the chamber, Slaghammer turns around and runs back to the entrance of the Grave-Prison.
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: This is nae good! I kin hear more comin' from above. I'll handle 'em. Ye take care o' the Deacon!
Several Bladetwisters and Shadowcasters run down towards the chamber from the Darkwalk but are stopped by a shadowy barrier put up by Slaghammer. Be careful not to run back into the Darkwalk before Slaghammer puts up the barrier, as it is impossible to get past it and you will get stuck, forcing you to restart the scenario from stage 1.
While Slaghammer puts up the barrier, the two faceless ones move closer to you and are now standing right on the other side of the chasm that forms the dividing line between you and Slaghammer and Farthing. When you aggro them:
- Twilight Deacon Farthing yells: Defend me, Blade! You said this would work!
After dealing with the faceless ones, proceed to Farthing. Upon aggroing him, he says:
- Twilight Deacon Farthing yells: You think to stop me? With this weapon I can do anything! ANYTHING!
Farthing will occasionally summon Void Tendrils, as well as "Shadow Images" of himself. Summoning Void Tendrils:
- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: You cannot trust your own mind!
- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: See how I bend your mind to my will!
When you get Farthing to 1% health, Xal'atath escapes from his grasp and flies over to levitate next to Zakajz while Farthing himself becomes stunned and ceases to attack you.
- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: This... this shouldn't be happening! Why aren't you protecting me?!
- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: Weak and pitiful! The Twilight Father did not dare wield me, for he knew the price of failure.
- Xal'atath casts a draining spell on Farthing, killing him.
- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: Give me another chance! No! Noooo!
Stage 9: The Blade of the Black Empire
- With the Deacon dead the blade is now yours. Take it.
- Take the Blade of the Black Empire
- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: You, on the other hand... Yes, I foresee us doing great things together. Take hold of my haft and I will aid you... for now.
Final Stage: The True Death of Zakajz
- The C'Thraxxi general is still a threat. Use the Blade to kill it forever.
- Use "Dark Drain" to kill Zakajz forever.
- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: Yes, we are eager to feast on the fallen titan's minions. But first... Zakajz.
- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: The cultists may try to stir him again, or he could awaken on his own. We must consume his essence to ensure he is gone forever. You know this must be done.
Upon entering the final stage, you are given the "Dark Drain" spell:
- Dark Drain — Drain a powerful foe of their essence.
Using it causes you to channel the essence of Zakajz into yourself for 10 seconds, after which the Corruptor's corpse vanishes into thin air and marks the conclusion of the scenario. Slaghammer runs into the room to congratulate you.
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: Ye did it! The cultists ha'e run off! Ha ha! Ye should get back ta Faol. I'll use this Twilight portal stone fer ye!
- Slaghammer opens a large, shadowy portal to Dalaran.
- Shadowlord Slaghammer says: Keep an eye on that blade, though. No tellin' wha' somethin' that old be capable of.
- Alonsus Faol says: Look! <Name> has returned!
- Moira Thaurissan says: This champion shows talent!
- Prophet Velen says: Well done indeed!
Speak with Moira to turn in the quest.
- Upon completion
- Alonsus Faol says: With that we are in agreement. Now, speak with Velen. He has an... interesting matter to discuss with you.
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Complete all of:
- Complete both:
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.