|Blood in the Snow|
|Location||Shimmer Ridge, Dun Morogh|
Dark Iron dwarf |
|End boss||Hekima the Wise|
- 1 Background
- 2 Geography
- 3 Scenario denizens
- 4 Stage Guide
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Video
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 References
- 10 External links
- With unexpected allies by your side, paint the snow red to save Ironforge from the Zandalari menace!
- An agent of Zandalar has infiltrated Dun Morogh and rallied the Frostmane trolls. At Varian's request, Moira will lead her personal guard against them once the king's champions have stopped the magical storm protecting Shimmer Ridge.
A Zandalari agent has infiltrated Dun Morogh and rallied the Frostmane trolls – it’s only a matter of time until a menacing troll army reaches the gates of Ironforge. With the support of Moira Thaurissan's Dark Iron Dwarves, you must fight through a brutal storm in order to interrupt the troll rituals, weakening their forces and preventing dwarven scouts from become their victims. Your fight alongside Moira will help prove her worth to the other dwarf clans, and ultimately the whole of the Alliance.
If you run this as a Horde race other than pandaren, Lorewalker Cho's Image will be present to explain why you are given a human illusion, and that you are running the scenario as historical fact.
Stage 1: The Mountaineers
- Contact the Dark Iron Mountaineers atop Shimmer Ridge and find a way to stop the storm.
As the scenario begins, a short cutscene introduces the situation:
- King Varian Wrynn says: This is where my agents tracked the Zandalari.
- Moira Thaurissan says: Shimmer Ridge. I know it well. The Frostmane trolls breed and plot above the snow-blown mesa.
- King Varian Wrynn says: I can only imagine what foul business the Zandalari have with them...
- Moira Thaurissan says: We've lost many mountaineers to this freakish storm, or the trolls slithering about in it.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Yes. This weather is not natural.
- Moira Thaurissan says: Aye. I am loathe to send my men into that. It reeks of ambush and bloody disaster.
- King Varian Wrynn says: My champions will go. They will see what can be done, and rescue who they can.
- Moira Thaurissan says: If they can stop that storm, I'll lead the Forgeguard to the top myself.
- King Varian Wrynn says: It's heartening to see you here, Moira. You have my thanks.
- Moira Thaurissan says: Indeed. With the aid of your champions, the Dark Irons will put an end to the Zandalari threat in Dun Morogh.
- Moira Thaurissan says: We will prove our loyalty - to the Council, Ironforge, and the Alliance - here, today, and with our own blood.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Hrmmm. Farewell, Queen Regent.
- Moira Thaurissan says: I'll see you when it's done, King of Stormwind.
Stage 2: Save Scout Stonebeard
- Slay the trolls cooking Scout Stonebeard and free him.
- Mountaineer Grimbolt says: There ye are. Here's the lay of it: The king's spies are dead to a man. Only a handful o' dwarven scouts are left.
- Mountaineer Grimbolt says: The nearest is just ahead. If ye can save him, he may know a thing or two.
- Mountaineer Grimbolt says: We'll cover ye from the brush: Point out a target, and we'll open fire.
- Scout Stonebeard says: Oh ho ho ho ho! By my beard. I thought I was done for! Oh, thank ye. Thank ye!
- Scout Stonebeard says: Oh... right. Now: Did the human king send ye? Oh, his spies are all dead... and most of us are, too.
- Scout Stonebeard says: I saw 'em draggin' Boldbrew, kickin' and bitin', towards some hut south o' here. Now, if ye hurry, ye can help her, and she might know more.
- Scout Stonebeard says: BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE BIG VILLAGE! There's dozens o' mad ice trolls in there! Oh, that Zandalari priest has 'em whipped up into a great frenzy.
Stage 3: Save Scout Boldbrew
- Slay the trolls trying to cook Scout Boldbrew.
- Scout Boldbrew yells: Oh, that was a CLOSE one, thank ye!
- Scout Boldbrew says: There's only a few of us left; the ones they don't eat, they butcher at some big altar.
- Scout Boldbrew says: It's just northwest o' here; if ye hurry, ye might be able ta save some! Sorry I don't know anythin' more...
Stage 4: Save Scout Forgefellow
- Slay the trolls about to sacrifice Scout Forgefellow.
- Scout Forgefellow yells: Filthy mosters! I owe ye me life.
- Scout Forgefellow says: Listen: The storm. We figured out what's makin' it. That sneaky Zandalari has these ice trolls makin' blood sacrifices ta elemental spirits.
- Scout Forgefellow says: There's a cave north o' here, across a bridge. If ye can slay the elemental within, the storm ought ta stop.
Stage 5: The Cold Cave
- Slay the elemental spirit in the ice cave to end the snowstorm.
Final Stage: Victory or Death
- Join Moira's forces, slay the Zandalari leader, and capture the Frostmane village.
- Moira Thaurissan yells: The king's champions have done it. The storm has ended! Forward Dark Irons! TO BATTLE WE MARCH!
- Hekima the Wise yells: You may have stopped the storm, but you cannot stop the will of Zandalar! You will DIE, here... ALL OF YOU!
On victory, Varian and his guards arrive in the aftermath:
- King Varian Wrynn says: Well fought. I see the Dark Irons are as formidable as ever.
- Moira Thaurissan says: That they are, King Varian. And at the service of the Alliance, I might add.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Hah! For that, I'm glad. The Bronzebeards and Wildhammers will regret not having been here to share in your glory.
- Moira Thaurissan says: Better they're grateful for the clansmen spared death on this miserable hilllock. We sought to protect and impress, not to shame.
- King Varian Wrynn says: Well, you've done just that. Come: let us return to Ironforge, and announce your victory to the Council.
- Varian and his guards mount up on gryphons and fly up and away.
- Moira's Gossip
My thanks for your assistance, champions. I will tend to the slain and wounded here before returning to Ironforge.
- Hotfix (2013-07-03): General chat has been temporarily removed from the scenario to fix an issue affecting General chat in Dun Morogh. A proper fix for this is in the works in an upcoming patch.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Added.