- This article is about the World of Warcraft ability. For the Warcraft III ability, see Shaman (Warcraft III)#Bloodlust (Autocast).
|Race||Orc, tauren, troll, goblin, pandaren, Highmountain tauren, Mag'har orc, Mag'har orc, Zandalari troll (Horde)|
Bloodlust is a level 50 Horde shaman ability that increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members for 40 seconds. Bloodlust is available only to Horde shaman; Alliance shaman instead learn . The two spells are identical in every way except for the name. It is the namesake of the bloodlust effects.
See the article on bloodlust effects for notes and tactics relevant to all abilities of this type.
All targets affected by Bloodlust receive a 10 minute debuff called Sated, preventing them from being affected by another bloodlust effect for the duration of the debuff.
- Bloodlust is defined as "a strong desire for bloodshed."
- Bloodlust is a spell that increases a creature's size, strength, and attack speed. It appeared in Warcraft II and Warcraft III.
- According to the RPG, Bloodlust requires a drop of blood mixed with earth to cast.
- When it was used by the ogre magi of the Old Horde, the spell was described as such: This enchantment is used to instill an insatiable lust for blood into a fellow warrior, causing him to enter into a savage, berserk rage. A fighter who feels this Bloodlust deals more damage to his opponents than normally could be done. Although this spell bestows no permanent effects upon one so enchanted, it has been known to push an already bloodthirsty Orc over the edge...
- Orcs have a natural bloodlust to them.
- Bloodlust is based off the spell of the same name found in both Warcraft II and Warcraft III, that preceded World of Warcraft. Despite being the exact same effect, was named differently due to "Bloodlust" not being an appropriate sounding term for the Alliance.
- Bloodlust and Heroism are some of the only faction-specific class abilities in the game.
- Bloodlust is a basic Shaman spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "blaarghghLLGHRHARAAHAHHH!!"
- Bloodlust is one of Rehgar's Heroic abilities in Heroes of the Storm.
- The achievement and the Draenor navy battleship Bloodlust are named after this ability. The shaman order hall can use Bloodlust to increase success chance for the first mission of the day.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Level requirement reduced to 50 from 65.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Mana cost removed.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Bloodlust, , and can no longer be cast while in Arenas.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Sated now last 10 minutes.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.