||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4 but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- The subject of this article does not exist on the retail realms anymore.
- The categories should reflect this, and should not include retail realm categories.
- For his post-Mists of Pandaria appearance, see Thalnos the Soulrender.
Bloodmage Thalnos was a level 31 elite skeleton mini-boss once found in the Graveyard of the Scarlet Monastery, just below the staircase at the far end of the graveyard itself.
Spells and abilities
- Fire Nova — Inflicts Fire damage to nearby enemies.
- Flame Shock — Instantly burns an enemy, then inflicts additional Fire damage every 3 sec. for 12 sec.
- Flame Spike — Calls down a pillar of flame, burning all enemies in a selected area for (93 to 107) Fire damage and an additional (50 Fire damage) damage every 3 sec. for 9 sec.
- Shadow Bolt — Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
- We hunger for vengeance.
- No rest, for the angry dead.
- Killing a player
- More... More souls.
Thalnos appears as a legendary card in Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "He's in charge of the Annual Scarlet Monastery Blood Drive!". The artwork actually depicts Turov the Risen, a skeletal mage from the TCG.
This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
Although he lacked any distinguishing mortal features, judging from his title Thalnos was probably a blood elf blood mage prior to his undeath, as the Crusade also had Fellari Swiftarrow and Arellas Fireleaf in its ranks at some time.