|Affects||, , ,|
- "Macabre, but effective." ‒ Darris Leafshade
Notes and trivia
- AoE's, DoT ticks, auras and bleeds do not consume bones.
- Bone Shield is multiplicative with .
- This ability was mentioned in the April Fools' Day patch 6.1.4 Evil Patch Notes: "Bone Shield: now with 50% more calcium!"
- Hotfix (2016-08-16): Bone Shield now reduces damage taken by 16% (was 20%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned into a buff caused by . Now also increases haste.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Charges can now be consumed at a rate of once per second (up from once every 2 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer causes the death knight to deal more damage when active. No longer cost an Unholy Rune.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now has 6 charges, up from 4.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Bone Shield now has 4 charges, up from 3.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Moved from Unholy Tree to Blood Tree.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Reduced to 3 bones from 4 and duration increased to 5 minutes. Tooltip corrected to indicate the player has the correct number of bones.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Cooldown and duration reduced to 1 min, and number of charges reduced to 3.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The cooldown has been increased from 1 min to 2 min.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The mitigation has been reduced from 40% to 20%.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.