- Not to be confused with Broken.
Brokers are a race of humanoid energy beings native to an unnamed realm of the Shadowlands. Independent from the Covenants and the Maw, they possess an innate affinity for anima and act as soul-traders that can move freely around the realms. They are savvy, adaptable, and keep their true intentions to themselves. In the wake of the current anima drought, the Brokers have taken the chance to capitalize on new opportunities for profit and perhaps more. Brokers value success, and are not afraid to display the results of their endeavors. Brokers do not only sell, they also collect and put their collections on display. Their methods of storage are bigger on the inside. They navigate through the In-Between. Brokers have recently been attracted to the city of Oribos by the arrival of mortal adventurers. There they offer a variety of exotic merchandise and profession knowledge.
Brokers value the accumulation of information and knowledge, and the application of such knowledge has the side effect of allowing them to accumulate much influence and wealth. The lure of information is appealing enough to brokers for them to even go to places as dangerous as the Maw.
Though Ve'nari is the only Broker operating in the Maw, as she escapes assassins of Cartel Ve who are trapped with her, the Brokers in Oribos of Cartel Ba somehow managed to procure items from the Maw for Kel'Thuzad. Similarly, Cartel Ku is seen selling wares to the forces of Vyraz at the House of the Chosen. Cartel Ba and Cartel Ta are particularly interested in a variety of artifacts from across the Shadowlands, as well as the Great Vault, and maintain the portal network for all the Brokers together. Cartel Ta also runs the Transfer Station Ta in Bastion, the Night Market of Revendreth, provide decorations for the Ember Court, and have collected the writings of the Primus and Margraves from the Sepulcher of Knowledge. Cartel Au maintains all the profession trainers in Oribos, but also provides the challenges from other planes for the Theater of Pain, in collaboration with Cartel So and Cartel Zo. Cartel Zo is primarily interested in warfare among the mortals. Cartel Xy has only ever been hostile, but Dealer Xy'exa (the only Broker seen in Ardenweald) is hostile due to us needing Bwonsamdi's mojo back, and Artificer Xy'mox is hostile due to Prince Renathal asking us to stop them from stealing the artifacts of Denathrius, who had been a prior business partner of theirs. Though no broker is seen in Ardenweald other than Dealer Xy'exa and Zo'sorg (in the Furrowed Glen), Finder Ta'sul expresses experience with the gorm, identifying as a gorm-breeder (but Ardenweald is too dangerous for them at this time) and Au'larrynar has been making deals with the night fae. Cartel Al has been researching the secrets of the First Ones, particularly the location of the Sepulcher, with one of their expedition teams led by Al'farim abandoning the cartel after being labeled heretics.
- Purrkins are a traditional pet of the Brokers and the two have a mutually beneficial relationship.
- The Brokers share a lot of similarities with ethereals through their appearance, culture, and society divided into cartels.
- The belts of some Brokers bear the same pattern that can be found around Oribos and on other First One artifacts in the Shadowlands.
- Brokers use children's toys to teach their cartel's encryption methods.
- The made Ta'lan wonder if this belonged to some forgotten precursor or previous history of the Brokers or some group of Brokers who are hiding themselves.
- They are not permitted to enter the Other Side.
- Early alpha head glow
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment 2020-05-21. Shadowlands Preview: Oribos. Archived from the original on 2020-05-21.
- ^ , "our world" referring to the Shadowlands
- ^ Daniel Tack 2019-11-18. An Exclusive Tour Of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands' Revendreth. Game Informer. Retrieved on 2020-05-21.
- ^ a b Opulence Ba'hare#Quotes
- ^ Keeper Ta'hilt#Quotes
- ^ Stablehand Ta'shno says: Into the box, my dear. Don't worry, it's bigger on the inside.
- ^ a b Wowhead's Chains of Domination Interview - No New Soulbinds, New Ve'nari Rewards, Megadungeon Hard Mode
- ^ Finder Ta'sul and Ta'lan the Antiquary near Opulence Ba'hare
- ^ Conversation between Opulence Ba'hare and Emissary Ba'solo, and between Opulence Ba'hare and Ta'mari
- ^ Silver Purrkin