|Faction/Affiliation||Independent, Zandalari Empire|
Brutosaurs are enormous, long-necked dinosaurs native to Zandalar. They are used by the Zandalari Empire as both weapons of war and enormous, mobile trading posts. Trained to haul goods throughout Zuldazar, brutosaurs offer a slow but steady ride around the city's terraces. Brutosaurs are rare within Vol'dun.
To brutosaurs, seed pods partially digested by diemetradons are a delicacy. The pods only become edible to a brutosaur once in the belly of a diemetradon. Brutosaurs have a sweet tooth, how they attained that trait has been lost to time and legend. The brutosaur species of Nazmir have a great fondness for primitive watermelons which are inedible to most other creatures. Some brutosaurs are carnivorous, some even like their meat cooked.
- Gentle Ben'jin
- Irritable Maka'fon
- Lil' Stompy
- Ol' Stompy
- Smuggled Brutosaur Hatchling
- Juvenile Brutosaur
- Juvenile Stonehide
- Lost Brutosaur
- Plains Brutosaur
- Riverstrider Brutosaur
- Stonehide Brutosaur
As a companion pet
- Main article: Lil' Ben'fon
- can be bought for 100 from Happy Holaua after completing .
As a mount
- Main article: Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur
could, until the release of patch 9.0.1, be purchased from Tricky Nick/ Talutu at a cost of 5,000,000. It is now occasionally available on the Black Market Auction House with a starting bid of 5,000,000.
Notes and trivia
- Brutosaurs are based on the real-life sauropod dinosaurs. Their model is named "brontosaurus" in the files, which is perhaps the most famous of the sauropods.
- Sauropod-like dinosaurs first appeared in Warcraft in the form of the "longneck" dinosaurs featured in the Journey to Un'Goro expansion for Hearthstone.
- It is required to feed three named brutosaurs for the achievement .
- Players often humorously refer to brutosaurs using the term "long boi".
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.