This setting controls the Dynamic Shadows in-game.
- Off. This leaves the 'blob' type shadow only. Blob shadow cannot be removed as CVar_shadowLOD is no longer available.
- Precomputed terrain shadows, dynamic shadows near player.
- Static environment shadows, dynamic shadows near player.
- Full dynamic shadows.
Changing this setting
In-game, type the following
/console shadowMode setting
Alternatively, you can exit wow, open the Config.wtf file, and add the following line:
SET shadowMode setting
Or you can change the setting via the in-game Video Options.
In-game Graphics Settings
This is how this setting relates to graphics options in-game:
- shadowMode = 0.
- shadowMode = 1, shadowTextureSize not set in WTF (default is 1024).
- shadowMode = 1, shadowTextureSize = 2048.
- shadowMode = 2, shadowTextureSize = 2048.
- shadowMode = 3, shadowTextureSize = 2048.
Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added