Camp Mojache is a tauren village in eastern Feralas overlooking the scenic Wildwind Lake. The camp straddles a swift-flowing stream that feeds the lake. Tauren refugees have started flooded into the village from Thousand Needles, mostly from Freewind Post, due to the destruction.
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
Some time prior to the Shattering, the village was under attack by the Grimtotem. Though the camp didn't fall, its warriors were still fighting during Baine's retaking of Thunder Bluff.
- Thunder Bluff
- The Crossroads, Northern Barrens
- Shadowprey Village, Desolace
- Stonemaul Hold, Feralas
- Desolation Hold, Southern Barrens
- Westreach Summit, Thousand Needles
- Cenarion Hold, Silithus
- Gadgetzan, Tanaris
Camp Mojache NPCs
In the RPG
If you want to see a fine example of what a "civilized barbarian" looks like, here's the place to go. The tauren of this village dress in simple animal skins, live in flimsy huts, and dance in strange mystic rituals. They have a written language, practice leatherworking and tailoring. They also love to tell stories. They were the main reason the ogres hadn't taken over all of Feralas. The tauren, it seems, are involved in an endless effort to keep the ogres from encroaching on their lands.
- Gnolls will occasionally attack from the west.
- Although the Horde has many camps in the zone, only Camp Mojache has a mailbox, unlike the Alliance which have a mailbox at each of their outposts.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): The levels of the NPCs in Camp Mojache have been raised to be commensurate with their counterparts at Feathermoon Stronghold.