|Location||Currently unknown; last seen in the past in the Dragonblight|
When the final battle came, Valonforth fought alongside his Prince and achieved victory.
His fate afterwards is unknown.
Luc Valonforth appears in the flashback quest , where he re-enacts the scene involving the Alliance Emissary who ordered the troops of the 1st Legion to be recalled to Lordaeron. Unlike the rest of the Forgotten, he does not turn into a ghost at the end of the quest - he just vanishes like Muradin and Arthas, suggesting he did not die there.
- For unit quotes, see Quotes of Warcraft III/Human Alliance#Captain.
- "I apologize, emissary, but the prince is away on an errand. What brings you to this desolate place?"
- "To hell with the undead! We'll cut our way through the woods, men!"
- "Well, milord, your father had our troops recalled at Lord Uther's request."
- "Aye, sir. We wanted to wait for you but the emissary was quite insistent. All the men headed northwest to meet up with the fleet. Our scout informed us that the roads, such as they are, are being held by the undead, so they're busy clearing a path through the woods. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with them quickly, sir."
In Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, most of the captain's lines from Reign of Chaos were attributed to Falric, but an unnamed captain spoke with the Alliance Emissary. In a Wrath of the Lich King quest, that captain was named Luc Valonforth. Timolas, a galley winner, noticed that people might confuse Falric and Valonforth, and pointed out the issue to Medievaldragon of BlizzPlanet. Medievaldragon contacted Christie Golden, who explained that since she finished writing the book before the release of Wrath of the Lich King, she had not known about the flashback quest involving Valonforth. Medievaldragon contacted the editors and informed them of the possible inconsistency. The editors agreed to include Valonforth in the book to ensure the clear difference between his character and that of Falric, though there is still an unnamed ship's captain in one scene that may or may not be Luc. Thus it was confirmed that the captain from Reign of Chaos was divided into separate characters, though Falric retains the most lines and appearances and is the only one playable in-game.
- It is possible that Valonforth was the founder of Valgarde, which bears a name similar to his.
- At the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate, Highlord Bolvar Fordragon was accompanied by a captain who may have been Valonforth (as his model and equipment were identical to those used by Valonforth in the flashback quest). This figure was standing on the front lines when Arthas appeared, and was seen collapsing after Putress unleashed the Forsaken Blight. That said, this equipment set is common for high-ranking paladins of the Alliance.
- If this is not him, he might have been killed by Falric, which would explain his loot table in the Halls of Reflection.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.