Chief Gukgut in Slingtail Pits
|Level||86 (Requires 85)|
|Reputation||+5000 Pearlfin Jinyu|
Item level 404 weapons|
Kill Chief Gukgut.
- Chief Gukgut slain
Despite the hozen's apparent disarray, there is an order to their chaos. Their leader, Chief Gukgut, is the shrewd mastermind behind their attacks.
He is organizing their movements at the great pit at the hozen camp to the northwest.
Strike now and show him no mercy, <name>, for he will do the same.
("Chief Gukgut: The leader of the Slingtail hozen.")
Is the chief dead?
Without their leader, these hozen should once again settle into disarray.
Today we rejoice in our victory! <Name>, you came to us a stranger, but you depart as a friend.
From henceforth, you are the highest of the high - a valued friend and defender of the Pearlfin tribe.
- 138000 XP
- +5000 reputation with Pearlfin Jinyu
Head northwest up the ramp, past the fishrippers and start killing targeted mobs alongside the jinyu. At the pit where the tiger was at way back when is Chief Gugkut, an 85 elite hozen with 1.5 million health and the following abilities:
- Basic melee — ~5-6k physical on the waveguard
- Slap Slap 40 yd range 0.5 sec cast. Acts as a 8-second stun on the Pearlfin
- Banana Barrage 40 yd range — Fire a wild barrage of bananas at the target. 1.5 sec cast. Hits for 2100-2900 Physical. Ground-targeted damage.
- Piercing Jab — Inflicts 139 to 161% weapon damage and reduces an enemy's armor by 15% for 20 sec. Next melee. Htis for ~4500 Physical (15 sec cooldown)
- Monkey Tantrum 40 yd range — Creates a churning pool of mud that inflicts Physical damage over 8 sec to enemies who enter the area. Chaneled. Hits for 4000-5000 Physical in a large radius around him. The waveguard will emote:
- Pearlfin Waveguard says: Get away from his attack!
- Pearlfin Waveguard says: Get away from him!
- Pearlfin Waveguard says: Stay out of his range!
- Elder Lusshan says: Today, our friendship is cemented with the Alliance! Today, we go forth as brothers and sisters. To our new future!
The title of this quest is a reference to the Latin phrase "Carpe diem".
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.