Templates in this category are used to tag a page as being of a certain "type", e.g. "Ability", "Location", etc. They are meant to be used at the very top of pages and answer a question like "What the heck is Winterspring? Some engineering gizmo? — Oh, it's a Location." at a glance.
Note that this concept is not adopted throughout the entirety of Wowpedia
To put a template in Category:Article type templates:
<noinclude>[[Category:Article type templates]]</noinclude>. The "<noinclude>" tags are necessary because without them, you end up categorizing all pages using the template in the template category.
- If your template is meant to be used in-line, make sure that there are no line feeds after
</noinclude>. If there are, it may work in flowing text, but it will misbehave in bullet lists. You can have as many line feeds as you like between the noinclude tags though:
<noinclude>[[Category:Article type templates]]
</noinclude>Text or graphic that is meant to be used in-line
- Remember that a template can be put in multiple categories if it belongs to them all!
- Or, if this is not quite the right category, go back to Category:Templates and try to find a better suited subcategory.
Pages in category "Article type templates"
The following 126 pages are in this category, out of 126 total.
- Template:Warcraft Adventures
- Template:Warcraft I
- Template:Warcraft II
- Template:Warcraft III
- Template:Warcraft III Reforged
- Template:Warcraft III/dev
- Template:World Editor