Kel'Thuzad preparing to sacrifice Thedrin
|Level||60 (Requires 60)|
Assist Kel'Thuzad in completing the ritual.
- Burn the Spore Clusters (2)
- Place the Veilwing Heart
- Open the Anima Coffers (4)
- Witness Kel'Thuzad's ritual
Well then, since it was you who managed to procure the missing reagent, I find it only fair that you assist me with the final ritual!
The preparations are already made. We can begin as soon as you are ready.
You will receive:
- 12 87
- 4,750 XP
<Balmedar's voice comes from the adjacent cell.>
That did not go as planned.
We need to find a way out of here. The margrave must be warned!
- Balmedar says: Having you engaged in the ritual was not intended to be part of the plan, but it seems we must improvise.
- Balmedar says: Though I'm quite certain the ritual will fail, there may be some... collateral effects.
- Balmedar says: For your sake, let us hope they are not entirely fatal.
Interact with the two Ritual Burners to burn the spore clusters, then the ghost Place Heart object, after which Kel'Thuzad starts channeling necrotic magic:
- Kel'Thuzad says: The ritual begins! Open the anima flows!
Next, interact with the four Anima Coffers. The first:
- Kel'Thuzad says: Yes! I see the way! The darkness of the Maw calls to me from beyond!
- Kel'Thuzad says: The barrier weakens! Paths sealed for untold ages will soon open!
- Kel'Thuzad says: The blood of the Bearer shall open the way!
Kel'Thuzad lunges at Thedrin with the Domination Blade, which is now surrounded by Maw energy. However, this causes a burst of energy from the Ritual Burners, triggering Necromantic Feedback, which stuns the player for 45 seconds and removes their Illusory Guise, as well as killing and removing the stealth from Balmedar's Oculus.
- Kel'Thuzad says: What... what is happening? Nooooo!
- Kel'Thuzad says: Impossible! Wait... what treachery is this?!
- Kel'Thuzad says: So, you were behind this! And what have we here... Balmedar's oculus!
- Kel'Thuzad says: Guards! Take this wretch to a cell! And bring me that traitorous lich as well!
Three Lichsworn Guardians enter the room from the different entrances and approach the still-stunned player. After a fade to black, the player wakes up in a cell on the other end of the Vault of Souls. The quest completes automatically.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.